How Much Should I do

Options
Hi Everyone! I joined a gym a little over 2 weeks ago, and this is really the first time that I've ever WANTED to work out consistently, so this is all very new to me. I have a question about how much I should do. I started off doing the weight circuit machines (about 30 minutes) and then cardio for 30 minutes ( the elliptical and treadmill). This week, I started doing zumba and kickboxing classes (each class is an hour). Should I still do the machines after the classes? I don't want to over do it, but then I don't want to to be doing to little either. My goal is to work up to free weights - but I'm not there yet. I will be though!

Replies

• kkmonroe79
    kkmonroe79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    :(
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    You can do whatever your body says it can handle. If you're sore IMMEDIATELY after you're workout, you're probably pushing it a bit hard.

You don't need to "work up" to free weights with machines. Supplement with machines. You can do both.
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    Everyone is going to have different responses to this.. However Personally, After Zumba I do go lift weights.. I do cardio before I do weights always.. (& a lil cardio after) but the days I have Zumba, I count that as my cardio, and i just go with my normal schedule.. You know what I'm saying?
  • kkmonroe79
    Options
    Makes sense. I have a very (over) protective hubby - who means well - but he's constantly worried that I'm over doing it...even when I don't feel like I am. I just wanted some input as to what other people did...Thanks! :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Makes sense. I have a very (over) protective hubby - who means well - but he's constantly worried that I'm over doing it...even when I don't feel like I am. I just wanted some input as to what other people did...Thanks! :)

Just remember that your husband doesn't live in your body, and can't feel what it's telling you. As you move forward, you'll get better at learning to understand the signals your body is sending you to let you know to pack it in for the day.
  • kkmonroe79
    Options
    [/quote]

Just remember that your husband doesn't live in your body, and can't feel what it's telling you. As you move forward, you'll get better at learning to understand the signals your body is sending you to let you know to pack it in for the day.
    [/quote]

Thank you! It's all very new to me.