Protien Powder ?

Options
2»

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I like the Optimum Nutrition too. I have the double chocolate. I wanted a vanilla too so I tried the EAS brand (Target) and it's fine but definitely sweeter. I think once I'm finished with it I will opt for the ON vanilla next.
  • LMP18
    LMP18 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress - Whey Protein - Chocolate Peanut butter - YUMMY. Oh and blend it with Light Vanilla Silk - mmm mmm mmm
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My top protein powders:

1. Dymatize Elite Gourmet
    2. Optimum Nutrition
    3. Muscle Milk

If you go to websites like www.bodybuilding.com or www.dpsnutrition.com you can often purchase trial sizes (5-10 servings) to see if you like them. IMO, vanilla protien powders are horrible and are only good for mixing in with pancakes. Chocolate or flavors with 'chocolate' in the title are usually the best. Good luck.
  • Melly7105
    Options
    I like Sunwarrior its all plant based, and there are vegan ones as well by sunwarrior.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have tried many different ones (expensive and cheap) and hands down my favorite is Ultimate Nutrition ISO Sentations. Aside from the fact that all the flavors taste fantastic and it has the best consistency, the label speaks for itself. For my needs, this gets me the biggest bang for my buck. Low calorie and more protein than most others. 1g carbs and 0 fat. It's not the cheapest out there but you can always find good deals on it. I just bought 10 lbs last month from LuckyVitamins.com for $106 and free shipping.

UNISOLabel_zps8cefd9c8.jpg
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have never used Protien Powder but would like to try some. My Qestion I want a GOOD one that really tastes good. Give me a Brand name and should I start with van or choc. I live in the US so I need a brand I can get here. Can you buy just a small amout to start or do you have to buy that really big bottle of it.

Always try chocolate first! The vanilla protein powder is usually ALWAYS gross. I've tried a lot and the one I've found that not only tastes pretty good, but is also low calorie/high protein is VPX Zero carb SRO (in Serious Chocolate).

•100% Whey Protein Isolate
    •Microfraction Selection Technology
    •Great Tasting Flavor
    •Zero Carbohydrates
    •Zero Sugar
    •Zero Fat
    •Zero Aspartame or Acesulfame K
    •Zero Corn Syrup Solids or Hydrogenated Oils
    •Zero Fat-Promoting High Glycemic Index Maltodextrins
    •Zero Caseinate, Ion Exchange or Other Old-School Proteins
    •Zero Lactose - Generally Safe for Most People with Milk Allergies

For nutritionals:

Serving Size:1 Scoop(23.5g)
    Servings Per Container:~36

Amount Per Serving

Calories 80
    Calories From Fat 0

Total Fat 0g
    Saturated Fat 0g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 60mg
    Potassium 130mg
    Total Carbohydrates 0g
    Dietary Fiber 0g
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 20g

Vitamin A 35IU
    Vitamin B1 700mcg
    Vitamin B2 30mcg
    Vitamin B6 1mg
    Vitamin B12 2.4mcg
    Vitamin C 0mg
    Calcium 96mg
    Iron 220mcg
    Magnesium 14mg
    Phosphorus 47mg

I generally have 2 scoops (47 g) after my workout...160 calories and 40 g of protein! You can buy a tub at GNC. If you don't like it, GNC has an awesome return policy.

EDIT: It's $49.99 for a 2lb tub.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    I like muscle milk in graham cracker and optimum nutrition in chocolate mint
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm new to protein powders too, I even tried the pudding from one brand (not bad, but not great either). A friend in my diet group told me about Unjury. I bought the sampler packet with 2 choc, 2 straw, 2 unflavored and 2 chicken soup. I've tried the chicken soup - it is good! You just have to be careful not to get it above 140 degrees or it changes consistency. That is actually true of most of them. My next step is the unflavored in a glass of OJ, she says you can't taste it at all which is just what I need. I'm not a big chocolate fan, and most of the vanilla's are weird and sweet.

Unflavored:
    90 calories
    0 g carb
    21 g protein
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I only buy the ones with Whey Protein Isolate as the first ingrediant. Nectar brand has a ton of flavors and they sell little packets too. Unjury and Jay Robb are good too. Check out your local Vitamin Shoppe they sells little packets of Jay Rob and Nectar. Unjury you have to buy from Unjury. I like Nectar Chocolate Truffle and Fuzzy Navel flavors. I drink a shake every morning with skim milk and 1 tbsp of PB2 with my Nectar Chocolate Truffle.
    Good luck!
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love Dymatize Elite Gourmet in chocolate and cappuccino rush
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Had the unjury unflavored in OJ last night. Only issue was I shook it real hard so it changed the consistency of the OJ, kind of like those old orange julius' you used to get at the mall. next time I'll stir to maintain the oj look/feel. I'm having another chicken soup one tonight.

Yeah no gritty feel!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I use Designer Whey brand double chocolate. Mixed with soy or almond milk it just tastes like slightly thick chocolate milk. It reminds me of the Ovaltine I used to drink as a child.

I can't compare it to any others though because it's the only one I've ever tried. I bought it because it was the cheapest at my store and since I like it I've never been inclined to try a more expensive brand.
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have tried many different ones (expensive and cheap) and hands down my favorite is Ultimate Nutrition ISO Sentations. Aside from the fact that all the flavors taste fantastic and it has the best consistency, the label speaks for itself. For my needs, this gets me the biggest bang for my buck. Low calorie and more protein than most others. 1g carbs and 0 fat. It's not the cheapest out there but you can always find good deals on it. I just bought 10 lbs last month from LuckyVitamins.com for $106 and free shipping.

UNISOLabel_zps8cefd9c8.jpg

This is such great info! This is my very first "bump"! :) #MFPnewbie
  • Anganiesta
    Anganiesta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes. I like the Chocolate, Banana, and Strawberry.

https://www1.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog/us-en/5/Meal_Replacements

I also mix a little vanilla protein into the mix to help with flavor and it is yummy.

http://www.sunwarrior.com/product-info/classic-protein/
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    EAS. You can get it at Target or Walmart. I also like Dynamatize. You can get that online.