Beachbody programs - Share your results with me!

Options
Hi guys :)
So I'm looking into a new Beachbody program to start as I am currently doing Turbo Fire. I am hoping to lose about 20 pounds with Turbo Fire to get to my goal weight and then get toned!! I would love to hear your opinions and see your results if you're willing to share so I know which direction to go in when choosing my next program. The programs I am interested in are Les Mills Pump, Les Mills Combat, P90X, P90X2 and Brazil Butt Lift. Of course any other results from other programs are welcome as well! What gave you the best results!?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• HuneeBunee08
    Options
    Im doing turbo fire too. today is my 3rd day. Not long enough to see any major results yet, but i am LOVING the workouts. great sweat, and major calorie burns!! feel free for add me for support!
  • SamAdams125
    SamAdams125 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Combat right now and I LOVE it. It is super fun. I also did TurboFire before that. The programs are definitely very different but I feel like I had an advantage in that I already had pretty good form with punches/kicks. I'm only on day 31 but in the first month I lost 11 pounds, so I'm pretty psyched about that. You really can't go wrong with any of the programs though; it mostly depends on what type of program will be most enjoyable for you. I thought Pump was also super fun, but I personally wasn't much of a fan of Brazil Butt Lift, but that's me.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Out of those I have only done P90X. I like the program except for the Yoga. Before I got pregnant I did lose about 20lbs doing the program. Haven't completed a full 90 days because I bought it 1 1/2 months before I found out I was pregnant and the doctor made me stop and I have only been back to exercising for a short time but i did lose 2.6lbs last week and its my only exercise program right now. Its hard but it has many options to achieve the goal you want you do not have to become ripped like the ads say they do have a lean program that you can follow. I do not drink the recovery drink they advertise and I bought my own bands and weights I did not go through beachbody. Good luck.
  • JessicaLynn82
    Options
    I did Insanity and lost 30lbs in 60 days.
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    Below are my results from my 1st Round of Insanity. I am currently on Round 2 - Recovery Week.

Insanity Results (Round 1)
    Insanity was tough! I fought myself to complete each workout...not to give up...to push when I couldn't go any further! Insanity is Worth it! :)

After 63 Days of training, here are my results! :)

Insanity Results:
    Body Part: Day 1 - Day 63
    Weight: 129.8 lbs - 122.2 lbs
    Waist: 33.5 in - 31 in
    Right Arm: 10.25 in - 10 in
    Left Arm: 10.25 in - 10 in
    Right Thigh: 21.5 in - 20.75 in
    Left Thigh: 21.5 in - 20.75 in
    Hips: 37.25 in - 34 in
    Chest: 35.25 in - 33.5 in
    Right Calf: 13.5 in - 13.5 in
    Left Calf: 13.5 in - 13.5 in
    BMI: 27.1 - 25.5

Total Lost:
    10.5 Inches
    7.6 lbs

Total Gained:
    Confidence
    Strength
    Endurance

PicsArt_1346702205738_zps0e56a0a6.jpg
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity and lost 30lbs in 60 days.

30lbs?? Awesome!! Im on week 3 day 4 and Ive lost 6lbs, I want to loose another 17lbs and wondered if its possible but apprently it is!! good job!! Did you follow it every day, with the proper meals recovery drinks etc?? Thanks x
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE P90X and Insanity. I'm currently doing Asylum.

My results can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/873475-p90x-and-insanity-toned-me-up
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have done P90X several times and love it. I did see huge results after my first round. Lots of toning. I just ordered combat and am really excited to try it out. My friend has brazil butt lift and I have done it a couple times but it's not as hard core as the other programs. Good luck!
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    Options
    woiuld love to hear this =) thanks for sharing everyone
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I have done and completed both the original Power 90 and P90X. For P90X I had to omit the Yoga entirely and substitute it for the Stretch X DVD because Yoga poses are too balance intensive for me. I also tried Insanity and ChaLEAN Extreme but was not able to complete them. Insanity I injured myself two weeks in because the workouts were simply too dependent on having high coordination and good motor control, which are not strong points of mine. ChaLEAN Extreme I was unable to complete because I was substituting bands in place of weights and I found most of the exercises too awkward when done with bands to be able to do safely for someone with my balance problems.

In the beginning I stuck with Power 90 following the schedule to the letter but I wasn't seeing a whole lot of results so I began substituting the cardio workouts for ones from the Rockin' Body series which ended up working much better for me. Over the three months I saw about 15 lbs of weight loss and noticeable muscle definition in my upper back and arms. However the program is lacking very much in lower body work IMO. P90X I tried twice. The first time I tried it I gave up only a few weeks in because I was frustrated with not doing a single pullup. So I spent the next few months training with my suspension trainer to increase functional strength. I ended up completing P90X but the results were not as drastic as what I saw from my Power 90 + Rockin' Body hybrid. In fact, the suspension trainer workouts I did to prep for P90X gave me better results, both appearance-wise, and fitness-wise, than completing the round of P90X did!

I then gave up on doing DVD-based workouts entirely and began over time acquiring the equipment needed to do Crossfit-style workouts at home which has been giving me significantly better results than any of these DVD oriented programs.

EDIT: It's not made by Beachbody but you should look into either Rip: 60 or Rushfit. I have tried both just for the purposes of reviewing them and in my opinion both of which are better than anything Beachbody is currently putting out, especially if you seek to gain in functional fitness just as much as you are appearance-wise.
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    I did Chalean Extreme....it was amazing. Chalene Johnson is my very favorite fitness person/ motivator. I lost over 20 inches in one round. I have TF and plan on doing a complete round of that, after I finish Brazil Butt Lift...which I LOVE. I'm in my first week, and have been very sore. I really like Leandro's style! He's a lot of fun.
  • jrompola
    jrompola Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    So I'm looking into a new Beachbody program to start as I am currently doing Turbo Fire. I am hoping to lose about 20 pounds with Turbo Fire to get to my goal weight and then get toned!! I would love to hear your opinions and see your results if you're willing to share so I know which direction to go in when choosing my next program. The programs I am interested in are Les Mills Pump, Les Mills Combat, P90X, P90X2 and Brazil Butt Lift. Of course any other results from other programs are welcome as well! What gave you the best results!?

Thanks in advance!

Hey
    What really gives you results is the nutrition guide. Any one of those programs will be effective, but you need to follow some sort of nutrition guide.

Do you have a guide in mind? A lot of people recommend doing fat shredder from p90x
  • jrompola
    Options
    EDIT: It's not made by Beachbody but you should look into either Rip: 60 or Rushfit. I have tried both just for the purposes of reviewing them and in my opinion both of which are better than anything Beachbody is currently putting out, especially if you seek to gain in functional fitness just as much as you are appearance-wise.

Have you compared those workouts to p90x2 or insanity asylum volume 1 and 2?
  • contingencyplan
    Options

Thanks in advance!

Hey
    What really gives you results is the nutrition guide. Any one of those programs will be effective, but you need to follow some sort of nutrition guide.

Do you have a guide in mind? A lot of people recommend doing fat shredder from p90x

This is true about nutrition being most important. The truth is any workout regimen combining higher intensity resistance training with cardio will show you the results you want to see when combined with good nutrition practices. Some do it faster than others, but as long as you're active and combining strength training and cardio you WILL see your goal _eventually_.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Turbofire - in the first month that I did it, combined with calorie counting and eating a balanced diet, I lost 27 pounds. Then I took some time off...and now I'm back at it, hoping to lose more!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Les Mills PUMP!!!!

Gotta build on that muscle! Since doing Pump, have noticed not only weight loss but actual firming up. I'm also preforming much better in other cardio workouts as well. I'm so much stronger cuz of Pump. I can last longer and increase my intensity in other workouts now, helping me continue on with my weight loss goals. Strength training is a MUST!!!!
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    P90X/P90X2

Day2-Presentv1.jpg
  • contingencyplan
    Options

Have you compared those workouts to p90x2 or insanity asylum volume 1 and 2?

To P90X2 and Insanity Asylum Volume 1 yes. Not Volume 2. Insanity Asylum is a decent overall program but does not place enough emphasis on the resistance training end of things for my taste. I think that in the long run programs that prioritize resistance over cardio (but still include both, like Tony Horton's) will show you better overall results than ones that prioritize cardio over resistance (like Shaun T's). Now, with P90X2, there are a few issues I have to address: The program doesn't step far enough from the format of the original P90X to really be the best it can be at its indended purpose. So it ends up being sort of a half-arsed hybrid of the original P90X and what it potentially COULD be. A true functional fitness program should never include dedicated ab workouts because the base exercise selections would be so core intensive it would defeat the purpose of having additional ab workouts to supplement it, to the point of making them pointless. My other issue with it is that it seems too much like a sales pitch for TONS of equipment. If you want to do the program RIGHT, you have to invest hundreds in all the "toys" they use in the videos. Realistically speaking you don't need to make THAT kind of ivnestment to see those kind of results.
  • jrompola
    Options
    Gotcha

I guess I don't see it that way...I've only done p90x and incorporated insanity in to that routine.

I don't know what you are training to do, but most of those dvd's are fine for me. I'm not an extreme athlete. I play sports, but my living is not made doing so.

I don't know what you consider expensive either. I don't think $360 for a year is expensive for a gym membership nor do I think $100 for workout dvds is expensive.

Try craigslist for the extra equipment...let others buy them full price and you can buy them 80% off barely used from them.

Again I think 99.9% of ppl would be fine doing any type of workout and eating healthy.
  • akilahleemarie
    akilahleemarie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    wow you look like you belong on a commercial! lol! good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!