Spinning at home?

Options
Does anyone do any bike workouts at home? If so, what kind of bike and videos do you use? I've always been interested in spinning, but I just can NOT get to a gym after working full time and having 2 little ones. Any advice?

Replies

• sbrobinson10
    sbrobinson10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yip I can, it has changed my workouts big time.... No more gym!!

Studiosweatondemand.com.

They rock and have a few free intro classes

Studio sweat on demand rocks!!!!!!
  • sbrobinson10
    sbrobinson10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did you have to get an expensive bike, or will something smaller be OK?
  • RMeDude
    Options
    I have a LeMond spin bike in the basement, and quite a few Spinning dvd's, excellent!! i have 2 Spinervals DVDs but they are geared more toward a real bike on a trainer.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Did you have to get an expensive bike, or will something smaller be OK?

I recently bought a relatively inexpensive Sunny Fitness bike on Amazon. I have never taken a spin class but I was looking for an at home piece of cardio equipment and we don't really have the room for a treadmill. They have a range of models but ours was the least expensive (I think). It has a 22lb flywheel, fully adjustable seat, but fixed handlebars. Basic electronics but I think that's the norm for spin bikes. Overall I'm pleased with it, hence why I am recommending it!

A lot of people will suggest a bike trainer if you have a suitable road bike- and can move it inside and out without a lot of hassle.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I picked up a second hand wind trainer and currently have my road bike on it. It will fit any adult bike-like I could put my mountain bike on if I choose. If your bike does not have a clipless pedal system-add cages to your pedals. Come warm wether I can then just take the bike out doors.