Couch to 5k

Options
2»

Replies

• fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm still in walk mode, but I hope to lose a few pounds and gain enough stamina to give the C25k program a try in the next month or two.

Zombies? I love this idea. I'll have to check out the format. Is it a similar walk/jog thing that helps you build up a bit at a time.

I know that C25k is supposed to be a 9-week program, but I'm guessing it will be a lot long for me to get there. I'm okay with that. I figure any exercise is better than I was getting.
  • alowry007
    alowry007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I haven't had much choice but to use the treadmill this week, but I have put it on an incline. I'll try to get outside as soon as weather permits.
  • mum1970
    mum1970 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The "Zombies, Run! 5k Trainer" uses the same basic format of interval walk/run training but also throws in knee lifts and heel lifts. I am on week 4 of the 8 week program so I'm not sure what else they may throw in.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Give it a try if you're dedicated it will work =]
  • shrinkinc
    shrinkinc Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's how I learned how to run in 2008 and went from actually sitting on the couch to running 6 miles straight. And it's my go to anytime I've not run for awhile.