Drastic change in weight between 2 days

Options
How is it possible to have such a drastic weight change in a day? For instance, I weighed myself last Sunday and weighed 189. Yesterday, it was 182. This morning was 187. Same scale. Same time of day. Why is this?

Replies

• mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Don't trust the scale. Weigh yourself only once a week at the same time of day. If not you will be a slave to the scale. :flowerforyou:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Weight can fluctuate as much as 5 pounds a day. It can be from water retention. It is important to realize that to gain a pound you need to consume 3500 calories more than your body needs. So unless you really go on a huge eating binge you probably have not gained 5 pounds in one day.
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    That was happening to me too. I was getting incredibly discouraged because I weighed myself everyday and it would fluctuate as much as 2 or 3 lbs. It was affecting me so much physchologically that I decided to stop weighing everyday. I know weigh only on Thursday mornings and although the scale hasn't moved much the last couple of weeks, I do feel better about myself because it's not the up and down all the time.
  • alicenleroy
    Options
    It took a while for me to figure out that moving the scale can do that. At times, I would take the scale from the bathroom and weigh myself in another room . Not a good idea:noway: Keep the scale in the very same place. I am not talking about the adjusting wheel that you turn to make sure it's on zero. It has something to do with the level of the floor where you place the scale.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i hear ya. it can seem discouraging. but unlike some, i like weighing everyday and being able to chart the daily fluctuation. it helps me to see how my exercise, food and drink choices the previous day can affect my body.