Room for one more?

Hello Everyone!

I joined MFP 3 weeks ago because of a friend's encouragement. I am sooo glad I did. I have tried to lose weight in the past alone and failed. I always knew I needed a support group. Since joining the weight is coming off and I feel very empowered that I will succeed. I have made a few friends so far but I am hoping to add more. So let me tell you a little bit about myself and, if I sound like your cup of tea, please feel free to add me!

I am 48 years old, married, no children except the furry kind! I live in the Bay Area. I am a jewelry designer and artist. Before settling into visual arts I use to be an actress and dancer. I am hoping to get back to the strong, healthy body I had before I switched to a more sedentary profession. I am VERY DEDICATED to this process and journey. I do not see it as a short term goal but a lifestyle change. My weight loss goal is 50 pounds. I am following the TDEE -20% method of weight loss. It is working for me and I don't feel hungry all the time. I had tried starving myself on 1200 calories a day before and I just became an angry overweight person! I'm sure you've seen that ad: "I used to think I hated the sound of children's laughter, turns out I was just hungry." That was me. PLEASE NOTE: I am not someone who bashes folks who want to use a restricted calories diet- it just doesn't work for me.

I am super supportive, log in everyday, have a great sense of humor, and will be there for you. I am hoping to find friends with the same dedication and desire to give support back. Friendship is a two way street and I'd love to have you on this road trip.

I wish you all much success in your personal journey and hope to meet some of you along the way.

Cheers!

Signe
BewellBehappy

Replies