"Bulking" up your meals?

Options
Karrie4
Karrie4 Posts: 9 Member
I steam broccoli all the time to add "bulk" to my meals. I tend to get hungry...

What do you do to "fill up?"

Replies

• curejenn
    curejenn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I eat soup with everything!! Friends and family make fun of me because I will make homemade pizza on the weekends and also a huge pot of soup and a salad to go with it! I pretty much start every meal with soup and salad. That way, I don't feel starving when I begin to eat my actual meal which helps me slow down and enjoy as well as not consume too much of it :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    my go to is my chopped cucumber, tomato, onion, and parsley salad dressed with seasoned rice vinegar. I eat these twice a day sometimes...and i never get tired of how fresh and great. They make me feel satisfied and i lose better when i keep this dish in my diet.

Also..if I have to eat a lean cuisine..or a smart one.. i always throw a bunch of frozen broccoli or vegetables on top to help fill me up.

I also sip on a cup of chicken broth with a splash of hot sauce and maybe a few vegetables added to curb my appetite.
  • enchantedfey
    enchantedfey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really like that idea elisa123gal for the broth and hot sauce! I'm gonna have to try that tonight :)
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Green (and other) veggies are my friend. I stir-fry tons of them with a little non-stick cooking spray and add to soup. I also add a lot of spinach (stir-fried or wilted) to pasta, or as a "bed" for tuna casserole. I can have 2 servings but the calories are way down because so much is green stuff.

I also add bran to yogurt, but it's got a bit of a sawdust texture- not for everyone.

And hot sauce on just about everything- not so much that it kills the other flavors, though.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question. Why would you get hungry during a meal?
  • Karrie4
    Options
    bcattoes: I'm perplexed as to why you might "answer" a question you do not understand. Why bother? Are you looking to burn a calorie or two typing?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    bcattoes: I'm perplexed as to why you might "answer" a question you do not understand. Why bother? Are you looking to burn a calorie or two typing?

No, I was looking to understand the question.
  • veganashley
    veganashley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Steamed green vegetables of any kind. in large quantities. Or, if I have the calories, I'll sautee them in a little bit of olive oil and garlic. Kale is especially good this way!
  • Karrie4
    Options
    Do you really want to understand the question?
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    my go to is my chopped cucumber, tomato, onion, and parsley salad dressed with seasoned rice vinegar. I eat these twice a day sometimes...and i never get tired of how fresh and great. They make me feel satisfied and i lose better when i keep this dish in my diet.

Also..if I have to eat a lean cuisine..or a smart one.. i always throw a bunch of frozen broccoli or vegetables on top to help fill me up.

I also sip on a cup of chicken broth with a splash of hot sauce and maybe a few vegetables added to curb my appetite.
    Great ideas, thank you
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Lots of green veggies! I love cabbage, broccoli, and zucchini!