No late night snacking challenge continues - March 22-28

Options
dewdrop
dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
This is a challenge meant to help us stay within our calorie plan. It's for those of us who cannot have just one apple after dinner or who feel tempted to munch on popcorn and chips while watching a movie.

So pick a time when you'll say "this is it! No more eating today". Make this preferably be a couple of hours before going to bed. Then stick to it! No matter if you do or happen to fail one night, come back here and let us know how it went: we can all learn from each other, get new tipps, find encouragement.

It's been suggested that we aim at 2 weeks in a row, to break the bad habbit - let's try this together. Set the counters (for those of you already at this for some days in a row now, keep incrementing) and keep track of how many days in a row we've been good. Pick a reward for when you reach the 14 days - not food, that'd be too easy :wink:.

Let's do this! :smile:

Replies

• rachelbee
    Options
    This is totally my undoing. After getting the klids in bad, I am stressed, and I usually try to calm myself with food. Bad idea, I know. So I'm taking this challenge, and going to work on breaking this unhealthy habit. Thanks Dewdrop!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Count me in (again). I messed up Saturday but was back on track on Sunday.

So--no snacking after 8pm, Sun.-Thurs. nights and none after 9:30, Fri. and Sat. nights!
  • ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    cool i'm in...i usually go to bed about 10ish so would 7 or 8 be best? then on fri and sat it varies. so mayb 8 or 9 on those days??
  • beachcomber12
    Options
    Me too, I'm going to give it a try too. My big downfall has always been late night snacking, especially when my boys order that late night pizza I'm always "IN"!!! So I am going to try to resist my temptaions and no more eating after 8pm!!!
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm in too this week. Was 6/7 last.

Welcome new people:flowerforyou: You will be pleasantly surprised how this challenge will help you. I have learned a lot about my eating habits. And everyone has great ideas and encouraging comments. :happy: :happy:

I'll need extra help for the next 12 days cause I'm on vacation. But one of my danger spots is snacks at work so maybe it will be better:huh:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    cool i'm in...i usually go to bed about 10ish so would 7 or 8 be best? then on fri and sat it varies. so mayb 8 or 9 on those days??

Start small: make it 8 on weekdays and 9 during the weekend, unless you go out and the party only starts at 9 :smile:. If you want to challenge yourself, you can lower that, but you have to be reasonable, if you want to make it last.

Since we have new people and since I'm old at this and have experienced frustrations along the way, I have a suggestion:
    - yes, we are striving for 14 days in a row,
    - BUT keep a personal counter for the number of successful days, not necessarily consecutive
    (that's tough and sometimes you feel like :explode: because you messed up this one night).

After all, the point is to succeed as many times as possible and not to get frustrated enough times to finally give up :brokenheart: .

Also, be reasonable: no need to go to bed with a growling stomach or get sick. You may have a healthy snack, but think ahead, be cool about it, and remember that the brain needs a while until it figures out that you did get a bit of food. Don't eat until you're full. Maybe start with a cup of hot tea and only a while later see if you're indeed hungry.

Good luck! Be prepared, it can be tough. But we are stronger! expecially together :wink:!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    And everyone has great ideas and encouraging comments. :happy: :happy:

Including rosemary :happy: :wink:
    Good luck with the challenge, rosemary, and enjoy the holiday. Hope you'll still have internet access :wink:.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Thanks dewdrop for posting the link. I lose track of the weekly challenge.
    So far, I am still going strong. 21 days of no late night snacking! I think that might be my record. As long as I pay attention to the clock, I can do it. I have been sorely tempted to cheat on a few occasions, but I am determined this time around.
    Thanks for keeping me accountable.
    Zaza
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    Hello! Today was my first week with MFP! All week long I've been staying withing my calories and lost 3 lbs!:smile: Very happy about it!:flowerforyou: Thank you all for your support!:heart:
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Way to go sunnysashka :flowerforyou:

Thanks dew for the comment:flowerforyou:
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I'm still going to stick to 730 as my cut off but I think I am actually going to try for earlier, because I have been going to bed between 830 and 930 every night. The heat here is draining me daily. Last night would have been my first night, but I misjudged the time it took to cook dinner, so I was eating later than I intended to, but it was not snacking. So, technically, I am still going to count last night, because it was my dinner that I ate. So, officially I am 1/1.

I missed you guys for the past week. I'll try not to be absent like that anymore. :happy:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Cutoff last night was 7:30 which saved me from cookies. But at 10, couldn't sleep due to hunger, so I got up and had a bowl of blackberries and that fixed it. I consider it a success.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    It was actually a bit easier last night since my son is no longer working overtime. I was able to have dinner ready a little earlier so The snack I had at 7:30 fit in very nicely to my schedule.
  • rosemary10
    Options
    1/1 so far this week. The drinking herbal tea slowly at night has been saving me lulabelle more than once.:drinker:

Good to see you again teetee :smile: !
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Thanks, Rosemary. It is definitely great to be back on the boards! :bigsmile:

Lulabelle: You know last night was successful if you only ate something healthy like fruit. Great choice. :drinker:

For me, so far, 2/2. My weakness for the week is the Easter Basket my mother sent me (yes, I'm a big baby) :laugh: But I'll logged every Peep I ate. And I haven't eaten any since dinner. Yah me. Night guys
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Thanks, Rosemary. It is definitely great to be back on the boards! :bigsmile:

Lulabelle: You know last night was successful if you only ate something healthy like fruit. Great choice. :drinker:

For me, so far, 2/2. My weakness for the week is the Easter Basket my mother sent me (yes, I'm a big baby) :laugh: But I'll logged every Peep I ate. And I haven't eaten any since dinner. Yah me. Night guys
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    hI0096e074998140.gif
    CRASH AND BURN!!!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    CRASH AND BURN!!!

Oh, dear! smiley-hug005.gif - now just get back on track :wink:.

I've been quiet, because I don't know what to do: I've got late both nights, but had healthy dinner and was below my calories. Does that count or not? No idea. I'll just have to try harder :smile:.

Glad to see the old team back at work. You're doing awesome, ladies. Hope the new members feel motivated :wink:.
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    The second week withing my calories and hours! )) No snacking after 6pm.
    I have a question. On Sun he 28th I have the second wedding anniversary with my hubby. What do you do in situations like that? I'm afraid that even if we go to sushi place I will go over in my calories.:embarassed:
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Stopped eating before my cut-off time. 2 in a row, so far!