Best Granola Bar?!

Options
Hey Everyone!

I need something to add to my morning work snack. Just wondering which bar is best?! Special K, Fibre One, Quaker chewy, other?!
Any help is appreciated!! Thanks :)

Replies

• fswong
    fswong Posts: 10
    Options
    Personally I love Larabars. They are so simple because they have less than 5 ingredients with lots of different flavours and most of the ones I've tried are really good.
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I make a batch homemade on Sundays for the week. If you look on the ingredients list for those brands there are like 30. That makes no sense to me, and is unnecessary. Way to much sugar too. I use nuts, dried fruit, and even some dark chocolate for only 5 grams of sugar per bar, and 10 natural ingredients.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Kraft milk bites! You have to keep them cold though...
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Personally I love Larabars. They are so simple because they have less than 5 ingredients with lots of different flavours and most of the ones I've tried are really good.

Yes! Best store bought brand... love them!
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I do the nature's valley ones. They're simple, honey and oats. There's 2 in a pack and it's 190 calories. You can eat one or both and they are easy to crumble if you want some with yogurt, plus they're rather cheap at costco. Not chewy or sweet, but I don't have much of a sweet tooth these days.
  • cks3d1
    cks3d1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Have you every tried Kind Bars? Very Yum!
  • MadameMoustache
    MadameMoustache Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Make your own, or if you prefer buying it, I would recommend something more like Kashi.
    Special K, Quaker are most likely filled with sugar and not much nutrition. (Especially Special K, it's mostly air, wheat and sugar, I eat it like I would eat a candy bar)
  • Jenn_Lyn1102
    Jenn_Lyn1102 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I was researching this yesterday, and I went with the Luna bar, chocolate dipped coconut - a whole nutrition bar for women. I really like it and it gets me through until lunch.
  • Jenn_Lyn1102
    Jenn_Lyn1102 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Love Milk Bites!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Two I know of: The Kind bars & Larabar
  • mlcastle
    Options
    I make a batch homemade on Sundays for the week. If you look on the ingredients list for those brands there are like 30. That makes no sense to me, and is unnecessary. Way to much sugar too. I use nuts, dried fruit, and even some dark chocolate for only 5 grams of sugar per bar, and 10 natural ingredients.

Totally agree with this - invest the time to make your own so you can control the ingredients and get the best nutrition for the calories.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Larabars or Kind Bars

Most other Granola bars are pretty much a candy bar in disguise - you could just have a snickers instead.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I have to agree, if you have the time to make them, do that instead. They will be much cheaper and you get total control of the ingredients. Since they won't have any preservatives, they will have a shorter shelf life, but what I do is put them in the snack sized baggies and then put the small baggies in a large freezer bag and freeze them. On mornings that I'm going to the gym early, I get one out the night before and it's ready for me in the morning. I also pack them in my kids lunches and they're defrosted and ready to eat by their lunchtime.
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    I've been digging the Nature Valley protein granola bars. They are 190 calories, 12 grams fat, 14 carbs, 10 grams protein. I also really like the Kashi peanut peanut butter chewy bars. 140 calories, 5 grams fat, 7 grams protein.
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    Oh, and I totally agree with making your own if you have time. I travel a lot for work and have a toddler so finding time to make my own is a struggle and the convenience factor of the ready made stuff wins most of the time.
  • lizjohnson2169
    Options
    The fiber one bars are awesome tasting. I love the peanut butter chocolate one. And only 90 calories.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    For me - I stay away from the 'granola bars' and go for the protein bars. The granola bars tend to have a lot of sugar, and for the same 180-210 cals I get a lot more protein and other nutrients in a protein bar, and they keep me from feeling hungry for much longer. My current favorites are the Zone Cashew Pretzel or the Zone Chocolate Peanut Caramel. Luna Bars made by Cliff are good, and I like the Lara bars too. Slim Fast makes some tasty ones too - their Cookie Dough bars is delicious.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I do the nature's valley ones. They're simple, honey and oats. There's 2 in a pack and it's 190 calories. You can eat one or both and they are easy to crumble if you want some with yogurt, plus they're rather cheap at costco. Not chewy or sweet, but I don't have much of a sweet tooth these days.

"Easy to crumble" is putting it mildly. I love the way they taste, but I'm lucky if half the bar is left intact by the time I open the packet. Those things crumble like mad.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Rickland Orchards All Natural Greek Yogurt Bar! Comes in either Cranberry Almond or Blueberri Acai. They're really good & filling. Another kind is the Nature Valley Trail Mix chewy granola bar Fruit & Nut. The Rickland Orchards are the Best though. :happy: