The Howard Stern Show

Options

Replies

• stephendamour
    Options
    Anyone hae favorite sayings that they use from the show?

I do Wendy the Retards "I feel like blowin my mind up!" all the time.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i listen to it ALLLLLLL the time! I caught part of the Batemen interview. I loved how he decided to take on his role in Juno-- cause he wanted to get away from his kids for 3 weeks. lol

That and I actually remember the valerie bertanilli show and how it switched to The Hogan Family so when he discussed how "on a very special two part episode he came home and found the house was burned down and she died inside" and thats how she left the show i was cracking up!

i missed that part of the interview. haha. i remember the plot. ill wait till friday for them to replay it. i follow howard and beth on twitter too
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I was a Howard fan when he was on WNBC-AM in NYC in afternoon drive time in the mid 1980s. He was just hilarious - I never knew whether to gape in shock or just give in and laugh like a hyena. (Mostly the latter.)
    Unfortunately, when he went to morning drive time, he stopped being fun - then he was just plain vulgar. However, once 9 am rolled around, there was the Howard I knew - audacious, sharp as a tack, funny as hell, and doing his take-no-prisoners riffing to beat the band. He hasn't improved with age ... but occasionally glimpses of the old Howard re-emerge ... and they are a delight!

You mean WNNNNNNBC.

No no no its WEEEENNNNBEECEEE
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options

peace and love peace and love
    hey now
    bababooey to you

my top 3
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Huge fan until he jumped ship and went to satellite radio. Haven't listened to him since.

I much prefer Russ Martin here in Dallas on 97.1 the Eagle.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I lost interest when he went to satellite radio and it got worse when he stopped doing daily shows.

He was much funnier when he had to be creative to subvert FCC regs.

Thank god Tom Leykis is broadcasting again.
  • stephendamour
    Options

peace and love peace and love
    hey now
    bababooey to you

my top 3

yes!

HEEEEYYY OHHHHHHH!!!!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i was a big fan until right before he went to satellite...he started ranting about the FCC all the time and it just turned me off...combine that with not wanting to get satellite radio was then end of me listening to him.

satellite radio has to be on its last legs right? hopefully after his contract expires he wont continue with the satellite thing.
  • Sofitin2013
    Options
    Love the show and listen almost every day but I feel like it's been going downhill for a while....
  • stephendamour
    Options
    i was a big fan until right before he went to satellite...he started ranting about the FCC all the time and it just turned me off...combine that with not wanting to get satellite radio was then end of me listening to him.

satellite radio has to be on its last legs right? hopefully after his contract expires he wont continue with the satellite thing.

I am torn here because I think if most people got satellite they would love it. I pay less than $100 a year for it in my car and online, which includes the app for my phone, and I love it.

There is so much content beyond Howard that I can't even listen to regular radio anymore it just drives me nuts. The constant commercials and the yuck yucks.

He has had his own problems with the company though and my hope is that he considers charging for just a monthly fee or something with access to the show. Something where maybe even we would be able to download.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options
    he's different now than he was on terrestial radio. Personally, I think he became a MUCH better interviewer on satteltite. He gets people to really open up on the air in a way i have never seen any other interviewer do. Only time he bores me is when he goes on about AGT for too long. but ive been listening forever and am a HUGE fan!
  • stephendamour
    Options
    he's different now than he was on terrestial radio. Personally, I think he became a MUCH better interviewer on satteltite. He gets people to really open up on the air in a way i have never seen any other interviewer do. Only time he bores me is when he goes on about AGT for too long. but ive been listening forever and am a HUGE fan!

Me too.

I have always thought that I could beat someone in show trivia.
    I seem to know too much about the show.

hello hello.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

I am torn here because I think if most people got satellite they would love it. I pay less than $100 a year for it in my car and online, which includes the app for my phone, and I love it.

There is so much content beyond Howard that I can't even listen to regular radio anymore it just drives me nuts. The constant commercials and the yuck yucks.

He has had his own problems with the company though and my hope is that he considers charging for just a monthly fee or something with access to the show. Something where maybe even we would be able to download.

i pretty much just podcast everything..from radio shows that i like to actual podcasts.

i do miss his interviews though. the rest of his show? not so much.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Was a huge fan years ago, listened on a daily basis.....then it became a few times a week then the satellite radio switch and I stopped listening altogether.
    I used to watch the original Howard Stern show, not the radio show...the one from the early 90's. That was some funny chit.
  • satch45
    satch45 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    "O-Qua Tangin Wann"

This is the coming of Tan ....aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, and things of this nature!

-Riley Martin
  • stephendamour
    Options
    "O-Qua Tangin Wann"

This is the coming of Tan ....aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, and things of this nature!

-Riley Martin

this made me laugh.
    haha.
  • davidpearly
    davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    sorry buddy I'm an O&A fan
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    "Shut up, sit down!" Love hearing old audio from his dad when he was a child.
  • stephendamour
    Options
    "Shut up, sit down!" Love hearing old audio from his dad when he was a child.

"I told you not to be stupid you moron!".

hahah.
  • satch45
    satch45 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    "Proper Modulation"