When is the best time to jot down your weight?

Options
When is the best time to log in your weight? In the morning or in the evening? :smile:

Replies

• lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    MORNING Unless you enjoy logging a higher weight due to the water accumulation.:flowerforyou:
  • christinefultz
    christinefultz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I consistently check mine in the morning before eating/drinking anything.

34971282.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ivyana25
    Options
    I read its best in the morning right after you pee...
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I sometimes check mine throughout the day...but I always log what I weigh first thing in the morning...
  • prettyblu
    Options
    I concur. Morning.
    And make sure you wear the same clothes each time you weigh-in too. :)
  • Rusty675
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday morning, after I have done my morning toilet duties.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I concur. Morning.
    And make sure you wear the same clothes each time you weigh-in too. :)

Yup, like nothing :)
    Also, track your measurements, those can change and get smaller even if the scale isn't moving. I went from a 12 to a 10 without losing 1 lb thanks to strength training.
  • Beth_6001
    Options
    I have one of those Tanita scales that measure fat, muscle, % water and the like. According to that it is best to weigh yourself in the evening as it is a more accurate representation of your body fat %. In the morning apparently you are dehydrated from not drinking overnight so it can skew the reading. Perhaps not a problem if you don't measure body fat with your scale!

But regardless, I'd say the only important thing is to pick a time of day and stick to it. So evening, before dinner or morning after breakfast or whatever. As long as it the same each time it should give you a more accurate comparison to the previous weigh in.
  • blushz2
    Options
    i weigh in the mornings (because i like the lower number) however i log in my weight from before tea (about 4pm). the way i see it is if i get on the scales somewhere else bragging that i lost weight the scales wont reflect my figgers.