Bored Eating...solutions

Options
So I am a chronic bored eater. I wanted to share with everyone what I came up with to prevent this. I have took up Crochetting I love it, it keeps my hands busy and then when I watch TV I dont mindlessly eat a whole bunch of snacks.

What are your bored eating solutions????:happy:

Replies

• Christin2020
    Christin2020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I think I should get my old crochet projects down from the closet and see if that helps me too! Hopefully others have a few tricks to help as well!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I agree that you have to find something to do that's not compatible with eating. I scrapbook and I can't be handling all my paper and pictures with chocolatey and Cheeto-y fingers.
  • reese307
    reese307 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i am so guilty for doing this !! always bored eating.. so i started logging on here and looking up recipes and replying and posting topics. or i chew gum or brush my teeth. it helps! Good luck!
  • Shlotato
    Shlotato Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a cure yet :( I'm not crafty enough... replying to hear more suggestions <3
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It's weird but I find playing with a Rubik's cube helps me haha
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    When I get the urge to boredom eat, I play a PC game. Takes both my hands and I don't have foods around that I don't need my hands to help eat. It's difficult because I boredom eat a lot and I don't want to go back to being in front of the computer for 16 hours a day, never exercising.
  • PoisonIvy088
    Options
    I set my phone alarm for meal times. If it hasn't gone off, I'm not allowed to eat.

Also, drawing, pc games, and walking. :)
  • Tabithas_Transformation
    Options
    I paint my nails - keeps me busy while I'm doing them and then I have to wait for them to dry before I do anything or risk smudging them. It helps that the smell from the polish and the remover distracts me from thoughts of snacks too :)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I love the painting your nails idea!

I usually go for a walk to play with my dog, its takes my mind off things but I also find a light workout will give temporarily suppress my appetite.
  • sarika61
    Options
    We realized that we LIVE in the kitchen! Computer, homework, cooking, cleaning up, etc. We now deliberately make an effort to get out of the kitchen after the meal, and stay out of it. Makes it easier that we've always had a no food except in the kitchen rule in the house.