Tips for losing weight

Options
When I started trying to lose weight a few weeks ago I was at an average weight of around 123lbs. Anyways since I decided I wanted to lose weight I've been trying to eat fast food way less and eat healthier meals at home instead. I've also started walking/running on the treadmill. Yesterday I did 30 minutes and burned 120 calories (according to the treadmill). I hope to run at least twice a week, if not more. Anyways since I started doing this a couple weeks ago I've gained weight. I went from an average of123 lbs to an average of 126 lbs. I know it's only 3 lbs, but I only want to lose 15 to begin with. I also really need to cut down on pop, I am working on that. Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    You need to be in a calorie deficit not just eat healthy and workout. Make sure you are counting accurately
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you want to lose weight? Perhaps what you really want is to tone up.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you want to lose weight? Perhaps what you really want is to tone up.

^This (?).
  • dontdomornings92
    dontdomornings92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes, I want to tone up, but first I need to lose a few lbs. I'm not very tall (5'3) and all of my weight goes to my stomach and thighs. Also I have a pretty big waist (30" at my belly button) and a pretty high body fat percentage of 28.5% (according to various online calculators). So, that is all stuff that I need to work on. Plus a couple summers ago I was around 110lbs and it seemed to be a good weight for me, so that is what I'm trying to get back to.