Jumping on the bandwagon

Hey everyone! I'm Gina, I'm 20 and mother to a beautiful (almost) 2 year old daughter. I have a wonderful boyfriend and we both work full time on third shift. On top of working and being a mom, I'm a full time online college student. I've been overweight for a few years now, lost a bunch due to severe morning sickness. And then gained it all back after having my daughter. I suffer from depression, and a little PTSD, which has been a contributing factor to my weight gain. That and being exhausted from lack of sleep, and unhealthy food choices. My doctor who is helping me through my depression (still a work in progress) said I need to take care of me. So in order to do that I need to lose weight. I've tried multiple diets that have failed and so, I thought I'd give this a try. I think an online community with a good support system is the best option for me. PHEW! So that is my story, I look forward to meeting and making friends, and losing weight with you!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• crowesnest16
    crowesnest16 Posts: 58 Member
    Welcome to mfp! I've tried alsorts of diets etc and always start well and then fall off! I am 40 and have two teenage children - I was slim before I fell pregnant and can no longer use the excuse it was the kids as they are now 14 and 16!

Like you my husband is great so I have decided this year it is for me, I have been logging in every day and logging all my food and exercise - weigh in tomorrow but do feel better regardless what the scales say.

The support system is great - I was offlline for a few days last week as I had a fever and nasty cold, after the seond day I was getting messages to say log in and how was I, so logged in as soon as I could and got back on track. There are some good challenges as well which help you do little and often.

Good luck with doing this for you and losing the weight you want to lose - my thought is one day at a time, small goals so I don't get stressed or overwhelmed with thinking I have too much to lose, every loss is a loss and in the right direction! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Hello...
    I wanted comment on you post Gina. I have a ways to go on weight loss, but as of today I am primarily working on improving the quality of what I eat...In saying that the biggest hurdle is what that means I cannot eat...The two main things are all sugars that are not naturally occurring in food as well as white/wheat flour. Those two things alone make me simply FEEL better mentally and physically. I think SUGAR in particular reeks havoc on my brain. I don't know how much sugar you have in your diet, but If any I think it would be worth it to eliminate it and see how you feel. That same nasty sugar when I do eat it calls my name to eat more and more....I apologize for the long rambling lecture, but my feeling are pretty strong on this topic.
    Good luck with your quest for a healthier lifestyle!!!
    Margie
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    From one Gina to another, welcome to the site and good luck with your journey. Sending you a friend request. :smile: