Has anyone managed to lose around 2 stone in 4 months?

Options
x0emz0x
x0emz0x Posts: 38 Member
I'm not sure if i should be posting this in this section? I'd just like to hear from anyone who has lost around 2 stone in about 4months or so. Is it healthy to try and do this?

i have 20weeks until me and my boyfriend go to holiday in Tenerife for 10 nights in June, and I really want to try and lose around 2 stone before then. That gives me an average of 1.4lbs a week.

I want to start heavy lifting soon (I am going to buy some new weights on Monday, and my boyfriend is bringing his over at the weekend for me to try), so I think i'll probaby do more weight lifting than cardio. I understand I probably won't end up losing 2 stone if I lift weights as I will build muscle, but i would still like to hear from anyone who's been successful :)

Replies

• When I first started losing weight I managed to lose about 2 stone in that amount of time. I've heard a lot of people saying that it is healthy to lose around 1 - 2lbs a week :)
  • x0emz0x
    Options
    Ah good :) I just need to get my eating habits into gear. one week I'm fine, then the next week I'm craving and binging on junk food :(
  • summyv
    summyv Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I lost around 75lbs in four months, however I was extremely overweight ( obese according to my BMI) It is easily doable to lose 2 stone in four months healthily. Eat cleanly 95% of the time, and if you tone up you will look smaller too, even if you don't hit your target.

Good luck.
  • x0emz0x
    Options
    75lbs in 4 months is amazing, well done!!

Yeah, I'm not too bothered it I don't hit my goal weight, I will just like to be comfortable wearing a bikini and having photos taken! :)
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I managed it when I switched from normal dieting to Intermittent fasting.

Peace
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That's a super healthy rate to lose weight. It might be difficult depending on your starting weight, but 1.4 lbs a week isn't generally unhealthy. Good luck!
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    I've lost 0.75 stone in exactly 4 weeks.

That's with a 750cal deficit in my diet and 30 mins on an elliptical machine 3 out of every 4 days.

So I guess it's doable...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!