Bullying. Support. Please read

Options
Hi MFP-ers,

This post isnt about me directly(though I can completely relate to his story), its about Noah. Hes 12 years old and being bullied in school. His mom found posts on his Instagram that hes been cutting himself and has thoughts of killing himself on his 13th birthday, February 8th. Shes asked that people contact Noah through a po box to show support.
I know that many, probably most, of us on this site have been or are over weight and been teased about it. Ive been picked on my whole life for being too skinny, too fat, too tall, too weird, too freckly, too white..... it hurts. It still hurts sometimes.
Heres a link to the Facebook page shes set up,
https://www.facebook.com/LettersForNoah

If you dont have a facebook account, here is the address his mom has set up to receive mail.
Letters for Noah
P.O. Box 444
Simpsonville, Maryland 21150

http://www.lettersfornoah.com/

Noahs friend Gavin started a blog to get his voice out there and help his friend.
http://needtochangefornoah.blogspot.com/2013/01/make-difference.html?spref=fb

This website is all about support and although this situation isnt necessarily about weight or fitness(Im not totally sure what exactly Noah is being teased about...doesnt matter anyway.) its about living well and feeling loved. Please show this hurt, frustrated child that he IS loved, we all are and it DOES GET BETTER.

Thank you for your time.
cheers,
j

Replies

• natstar1021
    natstar1021 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely beautiful, J. Thank you so much for starting this. Visiting the page now. <3<3<3<3<3
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Not that this isn't noble. But if it were me and I have had major depression problems. All this attention and fan fare would make it waaaay worse.
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am calling BULL CRAP spam.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Just my 2 cents.

Every part of my internet nerd wants to agree with this...but that seems like a fair amount of effort to put into a troll, given the multi-site setup and P.O. Box, unless of course it's some kind of scam I haven't heard about yet.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Just my 2 cents.

Every part of my internet nerd wants to agree with this...but that seems like a fair amount of effort to put into a troll, given the multi-site setup and P.O. Box, unless of course it's some kind of scam I haven't heard about yet.

If was worried about my kid committing suicide, the last thing I would be concerned about, would be spending time, setting up a website to get internet advice.

I would have that kid in therapy.

But what do I know. I ain't that smart.