What are you celebrating today?

Options
Hello All,

I am posting and encouraging celebration of goal attainment big and small. The reason I am asking is because when I started my weight loss journey I set a goal of weighing 147. Then, when I started to approach my goal weight, before I'd even achieved it or enjoyed the feeling of accomplishment, I pushed by goal to 140.

I know that some of my other weight-loss buddies have done the same thing. So I am saying:

What are you celebrating today?

I am celebrating reaching my absolutely outlandish goal of weighing 147 lbs. When I weighed 185 I thought I would never see the underside of 165. And here I am.

Replies

• angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I will celebrating the fact that I went to Zumba! I have only been going for a few weeks, so it's still new and not yet a habit. But I'm starting to love it!
  • kanncm
    kanncm Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I am on my journey to being around 147. I completed 30 Day Shred yesterday and had good results, shown below. I have also been more focused on my lifting and I was able to hit 135lb on bench press!

Here are 30 day results/pictures!!

i1abm8.jpg

4ntcm.jpg

SW:171
    Bust: 41
    Waist: 33
    Hips: 42
    Thighs: 25
    Arms: 14

CW:165
    Bust: 39
    Waist: 31.5
    Hips: 39.5
    Thighs: 24.5
    Arms: 12.5
  • jgirlredzz
    Options
    Wow! look at you!

Looking fantastic

Congratulations
  • redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am celebrating that last Wednesday, my first time on the elliptical for 20 minutes, I thought my chest and lungs were on fire. I literally thought I was going to die. Today, I went for 30 mintues and and felt great!!
  • jgirlredzz
    Options
    Zumba is my personal exercise favorite.

I have been doing it for 1.5 years now and it is now an addiction! I have build friendships with the teachers and other regulars in the class.

Congrats on your work!
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have escaped the 200s. I am officially 190 lbs! Yay. I haven't been this since I graduated high school
  • DLH070911
    DLH070911 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My NSV for this week was going out to lunch and ordering sensibly, without using the old "its only one mean I will be better the rest of the day/week" excuse.

Yes, everything in moderation, but I find myself making that excuse waaaaaaaaay to often!
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    :happy: I am celebrating that I am less than 10 # away from my goal! :heart: Hoping to be there by the end of February. :happy:
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    This morning I had to put on a belt to hold my slacks up because they are officially too big for me!! Whoot whoot!!!:bigsmile:
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    As of today, I have lost 40 lbs since May! (21 lbs of that lost since I started MFP in early december) :D:D:D only 30 more lbs to lose!
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Celebrating my 14lb loss within the last 9 months. I am hoping to get to 150 lbs, si I have 36 more lbs to go. It may take me extra time to lose, but I am not giving up!!! I may slip, but I will get right back on track!!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Today I was told by one of the gym staff members that my decline push-ups were "On point" and he quickly followed by saying "I've never seen a female do those with great form before!"
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Im celebrating breathing
  • chulita24
    Options
    I am celebrating staying under 180 this week. I sat at 181 for a week and thought I would never bust that number. I am at 178 and feeling good. I know it will come down but sometimes it just feels good to stop seeing the same number staring back at you.
  • tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am celebrating the fac that I just went and got my boss a couple of candy bars from the snack machines for her and then I went back to my desk and ate some raw veggies as a snack! Bam! That...would have never happened in the past...I would have gotten myself a candy bar for sure. :bigsmile: ~Charity
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Celebrating that when I went to a 75% off sale at one of my favorite thrift store, I was finally in a size where I was able to find several items. Love my new Jones New York suit!
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    This week is actually the last week of the first class for my bachelor's degree in heatlh care administration. I am also celebrating that my fiance and I finally agreed on a wedding date, so now we can start planning the fun part!

Well, I was married to a guy previously who did not let me work, attend college, or volunteer. He was emotionally and mentally abusive. He made fun of me when I was pregnant, even said that his daughter was 'ugly' when she was born. I tried to divorce him early on, but my family pressured me to work it out and stay. I tried hard for several years, but he would not change, it only got worse. He cheated on me, belittled me, prevented me from progressing. Made fun of any goals. Even put down my weight loss efforts.

This person I am engaged to is wonderful. He encouraged me to enter college, he is working out with me, and we are a TEAM. He is my best friend and I am celebrating that I am marrying a REAL man instead of someone who has to put others down to feel superior. I am ashamed I let it get that far with my ex, but honestly I just wanted it to work but realize late in the game that it takes TWO to tango..

Anyway, I am excited to be in college. Excited to be working out and getting in shape. Excited to get married. Excited that the kids are in my life. Excited to be alive and healthy....these are things I'm celebrating today ! thanks for the great thread : )
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I look good naked. Ha!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I'm celebrating the fact that I burnt over 500 calories in 65mins today at the gym! New record!
    And I'll the fact that I can't eat them all!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I had lunch with some old friends & I am over today but will get in some exercising after 5 pm!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!