Cold Weather in Canada Wont Slow Me Down!

Options
I started using myfitnesspal 6 days ago, and tomorrow will be my first weigh in. I have 70 lbs to lose, and it scares me that I let myself gain 70 lbs in 18 months, but I WILL lose it in 12 months.. Looking for friends with similar goals to keep each other motivated!
I'm 5'7", 215 lbs and I want to be 135-145 lbs again.

Replies

• suzafied
    suzafied Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had hoped for some replies from people with same weight goals.. (losing around 70 lbs)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep, us CANADIANS KICK *kitten*!
  • JustAGirL29
    Options
    Welcome fellow Canadian :)
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    hey! I'm from Halifax! Adding you right now!
  • ann218
    Options
    Hi! I am embarking on this new life style of eating better and exercising more ... weight loss journey. I'm 5.6 and weigh 212. I'd like to have lost at least 35 pounds by my birthday on July 7. I'm 48 and live in Quebec. Wish you well and keep me posted !
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I am around the Halifax area and have about 20 lb to lose.
  • cheerupbrighteyes
    cheerupbrighteyes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'7 and started out at 215 lbs! I will send you a friend's request! I have a friend in Edmonton who hasn't been able to go to work (construction) hardly this week due to it being so cold up north.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    hey! fellow canadian here! :happy:
    way too cold out there...

our SWs are different but our goals are pretty similar! mine is 140.
    best of luck and feel free to add me!
  • Swany2
    Swany2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I have about the same to lose (66lbs - 30kgs) and I've given myself until the end of November, it will be the beginning of summer then. I'm english but live in New zealand hence summer in november,my partners canadian from Sasaktoon..

Feel free to add me
  • singergirl1981
    singergirl1981 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's cold here in Iowa too. We have had one crazy week. Ice storms on Monday, record highs on Tuesday, Snowstorm on Wednesday and 30 below with windchill today! I live half a block from my gym and it is so nice! I walked as fast as I could to get there and enjoyed it all to myself. It is 24 hours and no one wanted to go out in the cold. No excuses right?:smile:
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Fellow Canuck here. In your neighborhood even. Well kinda. Warm weather here for the weekend :drinker: . -40C can bite me.

Good luck with your goals.

Feel free to add (goes for anyone)