marinating calories???

Options
I put all my recipes that i make into my food diary. I keep making food that says it needs to be marinated. When my food is ready to be cooked it seems like i'm dumping almost all the ingredients it was soaking in, and I don't feel like i'm eating all the calories I put down. Any ideas on how to calculate the marinades into my food diary?

Replies

• ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd measure my marinade before, then measure what's left after. Then do the math. It's close enough.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I generally add something like 2 or 3 tablespoons of the marinade to my diary.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I do lots of cooking so I have noticed this. Sometimes I just log the whole recipe and that extra that gets dumped I ignore...if anything it gives me wiggle room and I like to error on the side of caution. You could also measure what you start with and measure what you have left...could give you a good idea. Sometimes, I just account for half of the dressing, oils, etc going into my marinade...but thats not the best idea I am sure!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'd just guesstimate and add a little bit. I don't have enough bothers to try to be too precise when it comes to the little stuff. It's all estimation anyway.
  • cryztalk
    cryztalk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thats what i've been doing so far is just cutting all the ingredients in 1/2 when putting it in. Just seeing if there was a better way or if i was doing it alright :smile:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Thats what i've been doing so far is just cutting all the ingredients in 1/2 when putting it in. Just seeing if there was a better way or if i was doing it alright :smile:

I also put it in the recipe builder and just count 1/2 the calories.