french fries

Options
I have been wanting to compare. Looks like Five guys fries actually are better for you. Craving french fries? Go to Five guys. Just don't eat the whole bag >.< But by no means am I saying they are good for you. Duh. The burgers on the other hand have not been compared.

Mc Donalds large fries x 3.7= approx 570g
Calories 1680 Sodium 1610 mg
Total Fat 90 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 11 g Total Carbs 188 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g Protein 18 g
Cholesterol 0 mg

Five Guys fries Large 572g
Calories 1474 Sodium 213 mg
Total Fat 71 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 14 g Total Carbs 184 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 14 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 5 g
Trans 0 g Protein 24 g
Cholesterol 0 mg

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to compare. Looks like Five guys fries actually are better for you. Craving french fries? Go to Five guys. Just don't eat the whole bag >.< But by no means am I saying they are good for you. Duh. The burgers on the other hand have not been compared.

Mc Donalds large fries x 3.7= approx 570g
    Calories 1680 Sodium 1610 mg
    Total Fat 90 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 11 g Total Carbs 188 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 18 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

Five Guys fries Large 572g
    Calories 1474 Sodium 213 mg
    Total Fat 71 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 14 g Total Carbs 184 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 14 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 5 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 24 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

Can i just add that Five guys fries BITE BACK- no just kidding, but i have NEVER even been able to finish 1/2 an order of five guys fries. It's like 5 cups of potato.
  • mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yea one burger comes with a mountain of fries good for the whole family.
  • Chris0h9
    Chris0h9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Which are tastier, McD's fries or five guys? I've never been to five guys.

Also I find 572 grams of fries totally ridicoulous, who needs all that? I already think the large fries at Mickey D's is big enough. I wonder what Morgan Spurlock would say about that, I remember him talking about how supersized meals at Mcdonalds were too much...
  • mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hard to compare. But they are good.
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    Read this with interest, ASTONISHED by the portion sizes to say the least!! Just for another comparison the McD's french fries in the UK come in at 460 calories for a large portion :huh: a third of the size - supersize shocking eh? :wink:
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Read this with interest, ASTONISHED by the portion sizes to say the least!! Just for another comparison the McD's french fries in the UK come in at 460 calories for a large portion :huh: a third of the size - supersize shocking eh? :wink:
    i was shocked aswell I'm from the uk and just seeing the number of calorIes in fries from McDonald's from where you guys are has blown me away wow ! I log my McDonald's meal and its normally 860 calories that's fries a Big Mac and a diet coke :/
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm in the mood for. McDonald's and Five Guys have completely different types of fries.

I won't eat In N Out's fries unless they are animal style.