What was your biggest weight-loss in one week?

Options
According to my weighing scales I've lost 8 pounds in 10 days.....the scales are new,and I've weighed myself about 6 times to make sure its right, so I thought eventually "Hmm...maybe its possible to lose that much?"

Anyone else found a rapid initial weight loss??
Not that I'm complaining or anything!!

Replies

• mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My first week with the new diet led to 8 pounds in 8 days. It didn't take me long to realize it was mostly due to the drastic increase in fiber. I lose about a pound or two a week now. Anything more and I'd be a little worried about getting all of my nutrients.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    4 pounds

It's a journey!
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Almost everybody loses big at first. Increased fiber, getting rid of water weight, etc. After that initial shock subsides it can be difficult to keep motivated once the scale slows waaay down. As long as it is trending in the direction you want, be happy!
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    first week on MFP 7 pounds in 7 days
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 pounds in 7 days last week. I realize that's not typical though. I think it was bloating at the beginning of the week.
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have lost 13 lbs. during my first week. Only been on my lifestyle change for 6 Days.
  • kaitiebeth89
    kaitiebeth89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I lost 8 pounds the first week. I contributed some of it to water weight though.
  • gloryofthis
    gloryofthis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    10lbs in 7 days, i'm well into the 200s though so massive diet and lifestyle changes were bound to have a dramatic initial effect on me, seems most people have big numbers to begin but it levels out, just dont be discouraged when the numbers slow down or even if you gain a little back! good luck on your journey, i wish you and your new scales a long and happy friendship <3 xx
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    16lbs in 5 days when I had swine flu :( yuck!!

Otherwise 5lbs in a week
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Started MFP on Saturday and I'm down 4 lbs so far. I know it's just the first week and it won't continue, but I'll take it!
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    do amputations count?
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    When I first started I lost 7lbs in the first week, followed by 6lbs in the next.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i lost three socks and two pair of underwear my first week what worldwind week that was
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I think the most I've lost in a week is 5 lbs. For the past month (first month doing MFP) I've been averaging 3 lbs per week. It's slowing down a bit but I think I'm gaining muscle because I definitely see and feel a difference in how my clothes are fitting (or should I say not fitting, lol).
  • 2013queen
    Options
    I lost 8 pounds in the first 10 days of Jan. And now 4 weeks in, I have still only lost 8 pounds. I would so rather have lost 2 each week, I am feeling very demotivated now. But I will persevere!
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I've lost 10ish lbs in a week - usually after having gained 10ish lbs on the weekend, haha.
  • susiemeri
    susiemeri Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 pounds in 7 days, and then 4 pounds the day after that -- right at the beginning of tracking my food and adding cardio to my life again.

That's pretty typical for me, though - I have 50 pounds to lose and am expecting the loss to slow down to a pound or two a week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!