Sortable Grocery List?

Options
Not sure if such a thing exists but does anyone know of a website that you can enter in your shopping list and it will sort it by what section of the grocery store you can find it in? I'm forever making shopping lists and then getting to the end of the store only to run back to find something I missed. :ohwell:

Replies

• stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Do a search for splash shopper. It's a program I've used for years. Yeah, you have to pay for it, but it's SO worth it. You can get it for your pda, smartphone, or iPhone/iPod touch. There's also a pc (computer) version you can get.

Good luck!
  • Shuutnstar
    Shuutnstar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump! Don't know but would love to find out as well!
  • MissPati
    MissPati Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a shopping list that is already in sections. I keep on my refrigerator. When I get to close to running out of an item I can check it right then. I will send it to you if you like. my email is cowpati41586@hotmail.com

have a good day

Pati
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I have a shopping list that is already in sections. I keep on my refrigerator. When I get to close to running out of an item I can check it right then. I will send it to you if you like. my email is cowpati41586@hotmail.com

have a good day

Pati

I did the same thing. I made a list on the computer using Excel, and it's all organized by where the things are located in the store that we always shop at. I have all of the things I buy on a regular, and semi-regular basis listed on it, and I leave spots for things that I need to write-in. I just highlight what I need throughout the week, then when it's time to go, I grab the list and go in order through the store and right down my list! It's a little time consuming (I think it took me about an hour to initially get it all set up), but only 1 time- once you have it, you never have to do it again- just keep printing off a copy each week :flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    haha I find this funny because everytime I go shopping, I glance at my list and try to map out in my head where the first/next couple items are that are in the same section and go for it... but I also look forward to "forgetting" something and going allll the way across the store to grab it - I'm burning more calories! - just not in high heels. :laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I know how my grocery store is laid out. I do my grocery list in a word document and then sort it according to my grocery store aisles
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    They have lots of these online... I have this problem too but I've just started writing my list by category. (frozen, dairy, toiletries..etc)

http://www.grocerylists.org/ultimatest/ (I've used this one before but found the full sized page to be a little bulky)

http://orgjunkie.com/2009/04/free-grocery-list-template.html

http://www.momready.com/articles/content.asp?ID=60

Search google for "grocery list template"
  • ka_42
    Options
    Not sure if such a thing exists but does anyone know of a website that you can enter in your shopping list and it will sort it by what section of the grocery store you can find it in? I'm forever making shopping lists and then getting to the end of the store only to run back to find something I missed. :ohwell:

I kind of read your post wrong... these sites don't let you enter and it sorts for you.. they're more like check lists or category lists. :)
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I kind of read your post wrong... these sites don't let you enter and it sorts for you.. they're more like check lists or category lists. :)

Yeah... I've looked at those in the past. Hasn't helped much. :sad: It also keeps me from trying new recipies sometimes. I don't like spending time shopping for anything, including groceries, so if I don't know where to find it and it doesn't jump off the shelf at me, I won't be bothered trying to find it.
  • blackmamba886
    Options

have a good day

Pati

Thanks Pati. :smile: I'm going to hold off on that for now but I may come back to your list if I can't find something.
  • blackmamba886
    Options
    Do a search for splash shopper. It's a program I've used for years. Yeah, you have to pay for it, but it's SO worth it. You can get it for your pda, smartphone, or iPhone/iPod touch. There's also a pc (computer) version you can get.

Good luck!

Could be interesting... I see there is a trial version, will be trying that when I get home. Thanks!
  • mattysmom
    mattysmom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have an app on my iPhone called grocery IQ that does this, they might have a website on computer to
  • ka_42
    Options

Yeah... I've looked at those in the past. Hasn't helped much. :sad: It also keeps me from trying new recipies sometimes. I don't like spending time shopping for anything, including groceries, so if I don't know where to find it and it doesn't jump off the shelf at me, I won't be bothered trying to find it.

I don't like shopping either!!! Hope you find something that helps!