Chelsea Handler

Options
Just a rant.

Very disappointed. Can’t blame Chelsea for Keller Auditorium’s poor organization.

Guy Branum was mediocre at best.

Chelsea came out and appeared to be hammered. Many times she was unintelligible. Her material was offensive. 20 minutes of rubbing herself and talking about discovering *kitten* at 8 years old became tedious.

I brought my daughter with me. I wish this had been an 18 year old or older show; then it would have just been distasteful and not inappropriate.

I’m not a Chelsea-basher normally. I enjoy her show every night. I think it is great. I hope that this individual performance was an exception rather than the rule.

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    That must have been awkward.
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I love Chelsea..don't like Guy...Love Joe Koi..I also watch her show every night. I guess I'm not surprised to see your review. But she can be funny when she tries. Too bad it was a flop for ya!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I read one of Chelsea Handler's books... My Horizontal life, or something like that. I haven't watched her show. From that book I would definitely not go see her with a child. I'm not surprised she was drunk, either. When I think of her I think of her having sexual relations with soo many... too many people and starting to drink at 8am.. or STILL drinking at 8am. Her book was funny but definitely for an older crowd. It's too bad that they didn't make it 18 and over.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Seen her show..not overly impressed, but not too bad.

Saw a telivised stand up show by her once (comdey central maybe?) and thought she was the worst act I'd ever seen...didn't even watch the entire show.

Sorry you paid for (and took your daughter to see) her live.