Not a good day

:mad: I am so upset , I got on the scale today and of course did I lose NO I gained a pound I know it doesn't seem like that much , But I have been so good ; I bumped up my working out at the gym to 4 times a week I have been watching my calorie intake and recording it daily and I just cant seem to lose it I hadn't weighed myself for a week thinking that would make it better and I wouldnt get so upset so it's been 7 days since I had weighed and there it was that 1 pound laughing at me :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Sorry Just needed to vent I know it will come off eventaully I am just impatient

Replies

• kaarens
    kaarens Posts: 27
    :mad: I am so upset , I got on the scale today and of course did I lose NO I gained a pound I know it doesn't seem like that much , But I have been so good ; I bumped up my working out at the gym to 4 times a week I have been watching my calorie intake and recording it daily and I just cant seem to lose it I hadn't weighed myself for a week thinking that would make it better and I wouldnt get so upset so it's been 7 days since I had weighed and there it was that 1 pound laughing at me :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Sorry Just needed to vent I know it will come off eventaully I am just impatient
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Think muscle Kaarens......if you bumped up your workout and stuck to the diet then I am going for that pound being muscle. That needs to be a happy pound for you!!!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • Remember muscle weighs more than fat. If you have been increasing your workouts that could mean you are gaining muscle. Also remember that while muscle weighs more it actually takes up less space in the body than fat. Try measuring yourself and see if you are losing inches. There are also alot of other things that could cause a 1 pound weight gain. Could be just water weight. Keep your head up and see how it goes next week.:smile:
  • pete
    pete Posts: 76 Member
    the scale that i have gives me different readings depending on where i place it on the wood floor. It also depends on the time of day that i weigh. How much water i drank, food i ate, etc. This morning for example i weighed 3 pounds more than last time i weighed. I wonder if i got lucky last time, or if i really gained those three pounds. I prefer to think that the my cheap scale is off. I think the important thing is to keep on exercising counting calories and not get discouraged at the first disappointment.

good luck! You are not alone!
  • If you have been working out 4 days a week, I wonder if that pound. although we HATE to see it, is muscle!!!!

I have just started on this website but have been a dieter for years-- and I just started here this week and with meeting with a trainer twice a week, and she told me to hid my scale for 4-6 weeks do as not to get upset!!

Keep at it, seems like you are doing the right things!!! :)
  • Keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, keep up the hard work it will pay off. Also make sure you are getting enough calories!