Hello, lifestyle change!

Options
Height: 5'3.5''
Starting weight in Jan 2012: 155
Current weight in Jan 2013: 147
Goal weight: 120

...Read on!

So, I started this fitness journey on January 17th 2012...When I began, I was at a pretty low point. A series of events made me realize that a major cause of the low self-esteem I had in relationships was directly related to the way I viewed my body and fitness. So, I started exercising...Thank you, Jillian Michaels and Rodney Yee - THANK YOU! I literally had to nearly hate myself and feel so pathetic that I HAD to do something. I spent 2012 developing an exercising regime for the first time in my life and it was pretty awesome and incredibly inspiring personally. I let nothing stop me and I established that routine - not sickness, not schedule, not travel prevented me from exercising minimum 4 times per week. I exercised in hotel rooms. I exercised at conferences. I exercised on antibiotics. I made NO excuses.

Simultaneously, in 2012, I was smoking and ate whatever I wanted for the first time in my life. It's funny how we can be so strict on some things and excuse, excuse, excuse on other things (believe me, I still do it!). Needless to say, as you can probably guess, I wasn't too 'in shape'. I was literally smoking before and after exercising. I know it sounds ridiculous and it's nearly hilarious to think about it now but baby steps, ya know? So, I quit smoking. Score! That's been incredibly easy (and for anyone attempting to quit...please do and please try Allen Carr...It is not difficult...That's a cop out...). Quitting smoking in September 2012 was essential for the next step in my journey but I KNEW I had at least one more major lifestyle issue left to face...

When I quit smoking, I started drinking a bit more. I needed my drug. But I also knew I was defeating my own self...

Bring on January 2013...I was done and I am ready. I did not want to wait anymore for what I was priming myself for and for what I am ready to deserve. So, I started tracking calories (including alcohol!). Thank you to the best girlfriend in the world (eoakes10) who supports me across the globe! I knew that it didn't matter if I had muscle underneath fat - I needed to show that muscle...I deserve to have people see it! I have been working so hard to establish my exercise routine, I believe that by counting calories, I will make that final push to become the healthy person I want to be and the healthy person I want to show.

This has been a JOURNEY and continues to be so. I almost did not believe I could achieve what I wanted to last year but I think when you reach a certain point, you have no choice. Simultaneously, I have been able to stay true to myself and my life (socially and so on!).

I am writing to introduce myself. You have inspired me throughout this month in your success stories. You made me feel not alone in some of your other blogs. I may take a year to get where I want but since I achieved my fitness goals last year...I believe in myself this year.

Thanks for reading and feel free to add me as a friend! :-)

Replies

• RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You sound like you're on fire to make your goals!!

Totally sending you an add! :)
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thank you :-)
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well....I am in the middle of a lifestyle change myself.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Very well said! Good for you. I'm alittle later in life but working on that lifestyle change myself. You discover as you get older, your perception may change some but not what needs to be done!
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this ladies. Maddambishop - I've added you! :-)