At A Stand Still!

Options
Okay, so I started this mission to loose 40 lbs. a few months ago. I'm down just over 20 lbs at this point.....but for weeks now I have been stuck. No weight has come off at all!! I've faithfully been using my food log and keeping withing the daily calories. I started using my recumbent bike 4-5 times a week and bike 5-6 miles ea of those mornings. I do have hypothyroidism and its been difficult to stay motivated and focused. How do I get over this halfway hump and start loosing again??? It's getting discouraging!

Replies

• BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I hear you! You need to mix things up. Have something different for breakfast,. Stop drinking diet soda. I can't see your food diary, but you know what I mean. You can do it! It's JUST MATH. You can do it! You really can!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Shock your system! Eat 25% less for the entire week. Push yourself 50% farther or harder on your rides. You are in a rut, and our bodies LOVE to be in a rut. Nice and comfy in a rut. Kick your body in the HOOHAS and jump start your downward progress. Good luck!
  • jwcrater31
    Options
    I've also been told you can shock your body by eating pretty big and somewhat unhealthy a few days and shock your body. Then go back to the healthy diet you've been on.
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    I know you said you have stuck with your calories, but have you decreased your calories since your first 20lbs of weight loss? As we weight less, you body needs less because you aren't carrying around all that extra body weight. Makes walking around a lot easier. Anyway, just a thought. I don't know about "shocking" your body.. never heard of that, but after eating healthy I can personally tell you that my body can't handle fatty foods. I get horrible stomach aches and I feel awful. Not something I would recommend someone go through to jump start their weight loss again. Plus all those temptations are back in front of you again.. all those foods you work so hard to avoid.
    If you have already decreased your calories, I would try doing more weight lifting or resistance training. Or, on your cardio days you can try interval training to get the body back in gear. Changing it up is great. Weights and resistance bands are great for building lean muscle mass, which burns more energy each day than "fatty" muscle, if that makes any sense.
    Congrats on the first 20 lbs. I have been stuck too, so I am going to take some of my own advice tonight and get back into the resistance bands and the cardio interval training. Good luck to you!.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain :angry: I was stuck for almost 6 weeks I tryed every thing under the sun. I decided that I would eat my maintainace calories one day and then my (1 pound a week loss calories the next) then maintanance (then 1/2 pound a week loss cals) I went back and forth for 2 weeks ( I stayed off the scale too) during that 2 weeks I treated myself to a sunday (not a huge one) I also switched around my workouts abit. Well one pound gone as of yesterday. :glasses: Our bodys get so Happy when they get to a certain place and want to stay there. Just be persistant and try new things what works for one might not work for another. But if you stay consistant acros the board everyday your body stays content and I believe you have to throw it a suprise or to (small breakfast bigger lunch, then big lunch small dinner Ect. Right now I have my weight loss set to 1/2 a pound a week and I will change it up in a bit. It will start coming (its annoying as all get out, when you are stuck) but it will come off. :bigsmile: