Brand new - just joined yesterday!

Options
I was shocked on Satuday to find out through a routine physical that I weigh 189 pounds.. I weighed around 135 before my first pregnancy (he is almost 17 now) so I guess I have been gaining weight ever since. But I had no idea it had escalated to this much!! I am 45 and have a neurological condition that prevents me from strenuous exercise. Any thoughts or tips to share? Thanks!!

Replies

• mdelagarza
    Options
    Becky: Welcome to the journey! I would recommend following the calorie requirements religiously, and start with walking on a regular daily basis, even if it's just around the block. Set those short-term goals, and before you know it, your weight will drop and you'll be feeling much better. Good luck!
  • Tonilu
    Tonilu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Yep she is right. Walking is the best and does more then you think. Increase your water intake as well YOGA is also great. Again welcome to the fight :):flowerforyou:
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky! I've got a 17 yo daughter and a soon to be 3 yo son! I don't do strenuous exercise, I've been mostly walking (I'm training for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in San Francisco in July) and I do the elliptical (don't know if that is too strenuous for you or not?) I've also been doing free weights along with the cardio. I've lost approx 13 lbs. to date though I've been in a rough patch with two stubborn pounds that keep coming off and coming back! Right now they are back and I'm working now to get them off once and for all and move on to the new pounds that need to come off! Soooo, just to tell you, I haven't been working out strenuously, so the key to that would be is to really watch and log the calories in. It's been working for me so far! Good luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend if you need some here on MFP! :wink: