Superbowl plans - how are you going to resist the food?

Options
2»

Replies

• DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    How am I going to resist the food?

I'm not! It's one day, enjoy it!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I'll be avoiding it by squatting during the Super Bowl...followed by anything else I can do, other than watching TV.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not going to a party (I'll watch) b/c my team won last year :)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I won't. As it turns out my wife and I are staying in and the only Silver lining about the Patriots ****ting the bed in the AFC championship is that I won't be watching the game in a big crowd of non-fans who want everybody to be quiet because the commercials are on.

In fact we've been thawing a frozen turkey all week and we're having it sunday with most of the fixins. Then we will have all kinds of turkey based meals during the week including turkey/stuffing/cranberry sauce empanadas.

I make my own cranberry sauce so it's less calories and more yummy than canned.
  • lemonfizzle
    lemonfizzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm throwing the party, so I will be able to control most of the food that is served. There will be lots of healthy options, and I'll stick to those. SELF magazine had a ton of good recipes in January's issue. I am going to make a few things from that and just enjoy the day. Hopefully, I will be busy enough playing hostess that I won't be tempted to over eat.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    CHEAT DAY

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5DUtnlXF2BByFlvBzkEC5QPy2L4h4WEynczs7r8fwDfF6VeQb

guacamole.jpg

jQuery%2BCookies.jpg

bacardi151-llarge%5B1%5D.jpg

I'll have what you're having. Replace the rum with some Brooklyn Lager and we have a party! :drinker:
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'll have what you're having. Replace the rum with some Brooklyn Lager and we have a party! :drinker:

Yeah buddy!!!!!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Um.. I won't be.. i'm gonna have wings and chili and dips and whatever else is at the party. LOL.

I'll just work out a crapload next week. LOL

Gotta splurge sometimes :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat and forget it happened. I'm a male though and the weight drops off easier for the boys. Girls have to work xtra hard to get the pounds off so if I were a girl, I don't think I'd go too crazy. I may avoid the ol' scales for a couple of extra days though.

HAHAHAHAHA.. I guess a pound consists of more calories for a female then for a male?? then how come I'm dropping weight and gaining muscle quicker than my guy?? LMAO

eh. I'm making dip and probably chips..
    and smore croissants for the kiddos...
    My guy wants to bring that 9 layer dip there..so who knows what we will eat.

I'll track as much of it as I can.. and I usually graze at parties anyway..

but i'm not gonna cry over the total.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    beer.jpg

Sadly, I wont be watching the Patriots play.:sad: So I wont be cheating,but I am having a party :smokin:
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    AnabolicKyle you are EVIL :P.

Well, I'm not going to drink so that will be good - both in calories saved and the drunken mindless munching I so love to do lol. I think I'm just going to fill up on veggies all day and then just eat in moderation that night - I have no idea what the menu is but I'm expecting all the goodies!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am planning on good tasting foods like from Cooking Light and Skinny Taste websites but not full fat and sugary stuff! Exercise.
    I must have chicken something. I want something 'crabby' too not sure yet...and of course veggies.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. I live in home of the Buffalo chicken wing so that goes without saying! Probably make a healthier version such as baked chicken wings. Or make it as a dip.

LOL, same here girlfriend. Nobody does wings like we do. LaNovas will be at our party i believe ;)
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to resist at all. But I am putting together a sensible menu of tri-tip, brats, garlic bread, salad, chips and salsa, maybe potato salad too. Oh and BEER, copious amounts of BEER :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    AnabolicKyle you are EVIL :P.

Well, I'm not going to drink so that will be good - both in calories saved and the drunken mindless munching I so love to do lol. I think I'm just going to fill up on veggies all day and then just eat in moderation that night - I have no idea what the menu is but I'm expecting all the goodies!

Same. I dont drink so that will save me a crap load of calories. Calories that i can use toward yummy dips and pizza LOL!
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I planned a 10 mile day hike with a girlfriend. Can't think of a better way to spend Super Bowl Sunday! And when we get home, I'll be too tired to see the end of the game and will have bypassed all the wings and things.
  • AnabolicKyle
    Options
    didnt get my pizza in...

:(
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat and forget it happened. I'm a male though and the weight drops off easier for the boys. Girls have to work xtra hard to get the pounds off so if I were a girl, I don't think I'd go too crazy. I may avoid the ol' scales for a couple of extra days though.

This is the stupidest comment I've ever heard on here. The only thing that guys gain easier then girls, is muscle.
    Pretty sure 3500 calories=a pound of fat loss is standard for both males and females.

To OP:
    I went to a bar, where they had a ton of food.
    I ate till my little heart was content, but I left my tray of cookie bars there.. which makes me kind of sad because I would have so taken it home and ate the rest!
  • AnabolicKyle
    Options
    This is the stupidest comment I've ever heard on here. The only thing that guys gain easier then girls, is muscle.
    Pretty sure 3500 calories=a pound of fat loss is standard for both males and females.

Guys on average weigh more than women
    Have a higher TDE than women
    and if weight loss is based on a % of TDE
    Than its true

So i wouldn't call it the stupidest maybe a little far fetched.