Is this enough exercise for weightloss?? HELP

Hey guys!! So I have 4 months until prom and need to drop 15 - 20 pounds in the mean time!

I tried the 30 day shred, got bored. Tried Zumba DVDs, got bored. Tried Blogilates, got bored. The only thing i can seem to stay focused with is elliptical and the treadmill.

This is what I plan on doing:

1 hour elliptical - Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday

1 hour treadmill (Cardio Blast, 6% incline) - Monday, Tuesday, Friday

Also trying my best to stay at around 1200 cals, lots of grilled chickens and veggies! Think I'll reach my goal?

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!! love you guys :)

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Either join a gym and buy the book new rules of lifting or don't join a gym and buy the book you are your own gym. Replace 3 of your cardio days with a strength training routine from of one of those books. You'll be very pleased with the toned body you'll have for your prom
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    I would definitely add some days of weight lifting in place of cardio or do cross fit style days for those replacements. You will see faster gains if you do this than heavy cardio based programs. Good luck
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Listen to the guys who said to add some weight lifting!

I've incorporated some into my workout and I love it. Not only do I feel kick *kitten* lifting weights, I find myself randomly feeling my arms and legs to feel difference (which I do already! :D)

This'll boost your metabolism and really get the gears going. Plus, you'll look more fit and toned compared to just 'skinny'
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    At 1200 calories you will probably lose weight without even exercising. Anyway, weight loss comes from calorie deficit, not from exercise. Work out sensibly for FITNESS. Eat sensibly for weight control.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    At 1200 calories you will probably lose weight without even exercising. Anyway, weight loss comes from calorie deficit, not from exercise. Work out sensibly for FITNESS. Eat sensibly for weight control.

^^^ Always the voice of reason