Strangest food you added to MFP

Options
I just added a favorite family snack - baked chicken skins (thigh) to the lists of foods on MFP. (Kind of like eating pork rinds, only made fresh from the chicken that we had for dinner, and flavored with our favorite spices.) I figured, by comparing chicken baked with and without skins that they have about 67 calories each.

What is the strangest food item that you have added? How did you figure calories and other nutrition?

Replies

• jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    raw (but edible- as in no eggs and what not) cookie dough xD
    oh and egg yolks (no whites) because ever since I was little I've always dipped my toast in the yolks and left the whites. xD
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    You should do a search on all the strange things in the database. Of course no one is fessing up to having added breast milk, but it's in there. :laugh:
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    On another diet site i saw a post by a girl asking how many calories were in her boyfriends 'Spunk' and if she could add it as her Breakfast Calories.

:huh:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    On another diet site i saw a post by a girl asking how many calories were in her boyfriends 'Spunk' and if she could add it as her Breakfast Calories.

How many friend requests did she get? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CrazyCatLadylovescats
    Options
    SYN4PS3, that is a little more information than probably most people wanted!

TheRealParisL, I "almost" can see that as an item - I know that it is something that I have seen recommended for people with cancer (I think because of the immunity factors that are passed from the mother to baby.) Hmm, if you express that much, that does count as calories out, as well!

Jess, I LOVE egg yolk - I was always told I had to eat everything though!
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Has as much protein as an egg white, so why not!? hahahah
    I don't know where i learn these things....
  • Chiefsfan86
    Options
    does beef tripe(cow stomach) count. I like it in soups or dried:smile:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    does beef tripe(cow stomach) count. I like it in soups or dried:smile:

Thank you for adding that as I have not had to. I like it, too. In Vietnamese pho.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options

Has as much protein as an egg white, so why not!? hahahah
    I don't know where i learn these things....

...and suddenly there was a mass search on MFP for members who were adding egg whites.....
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't add it... but I once saw marijuana cookies on the database once. The crazy things you can find by just by browsing through is madness!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Had a friend who added "man juice" if you know what I mean. *shudder*
  • CrazyCatLadylovescats
    Options
    Okay, this is rapidly going downhill! Actual food items, please!

My husband loves tripe, and I have known some people who would eat those brownies. I guess that is good to know if you are trying to gain weight - make you extra hungry!
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Fair enough! Calories is calories.