Calling all Fibro/Menopause People

Options
Hi. I am 38 and I have severe fibromyalgia and am in surgical menopause. I am looking for friends who may be going through some of the same things and trying to lose weight and get healthy! Please add me! Thanks. Tracey

Replies

• Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed not too long ago with Fibro. It's taken a lot of years to figure out what was wrong with me. Doctor has me on Lyrica, meloxicam, cyclobenzaprine, and a host of other stuff to keep my Fibro at bay. It's at least managable most days now, so I'm working on incorporating the exercise slowly. Nice to meet you, Tracey. I'm Jennifer. Sounds like you are going through a lot right now. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
  • Catlover165
    Catlover165 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey there! nice to meet you, I too have fibro and arthritis, just had surgery hysterectomy because of menopause, hoping it would help with the fibro, but hasn't still try to find what works for me to deal with pain... I was on bed rest for 8 weeks and just got back to where I can workout so I came back to MFP, it has helped me get almost 100lbs off,... and now I gain back 25lbs so I'm hitting it hard for the burn and eating right! Lets do it!!!
    Lara
  • jedifan
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Fibro back in 1994. It took 6 years and 2 surgeries for the doctors to finally be able to put a name on all my issues (besides just assuming it was all in my head). Menopause has also hit me hard. With those two issues and my extra weight, I'm just not in a good place. It's time to take charge, quite grunting and groaning and to something about it. I could really use the support and would love to cheer others on! Please add me as a friend!