Not reaching calorie goal but dont seem to be hungry

Options
Ok this is a weird one. I dont get why this is happening at all. Im a lacto-ovo vegetarian and for the past 2-3 weeks, I seem to be eating all I want, to my heart (and tummy's) content and still dont seem to get finish all the calories I need to have.

MFP has me on 1470 + exercise points but most days I dont even net 1200 (bad, I know) and have anywhere between 600-900 calories left over. I try to eat big over the weekends (purely because Im out and eating more) but during the week, I cant seem to get to the required calories -- but Im feeling full.

I keep thinking this is the calm before the storm and that I'll wake up one day and want to eat everything...

I have been loosing 1.5-2 pounds a week (1kg-ish a week) but I dont want to eat too little (in terms of calories), so my options are:

a. Force feed myself more food to get to the calorie goal (is this ok to do?)
b. Massive weekend meals (which is doable because I dont tend to exercise too much on these days)
c. Reduce my MFP goal for the day from 1470 to much lower...1200-1300 (plus exercise points)

Your thoughts and suggestions?

Replies

• Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem when I first started and it was almost impossible to get all of my calories. And then, around 3 weeks or so into it I would be starving through most of the day. I think that my metabolism was just slowed and then it was kick started into eating like a grown up! Basically, eat the calories and wait for your body to adjust to the craziness. Try loading up on high calorie things like peanut butter or coconut oil or other such things. It's hard now but it'll get much easier as you go along and your metabolism kicks up!