strategies after big (healthy) lunch

Options
Hi -- ISo it's now early in the afternoon, and after filling in what I ate for lunch, I see I have only 185 calories left for the day (and I'm well over on protein) I don't mind exceeding the calorie goal on a given day somewhat, but I'd like to avoid going over by a lot. Any strategies for managing the rest of the day ? Short of going to bed now?
Thanks.

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I had that issue the other day. I got a big plate of spinach for dinner, added some fat free, low cal cheese, and some salmon to it. Granted you don't need the protein, (I didn't need carbs that day) But it was very filling. Just and idea. Oh and with what I put on there (I also put on some balsamic vinaigrette, but didn't need it and won't next time) it was only like 160 or so cals. Happy Hunting!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Have you exercised yet? That will add calories so you can have a nice dinner :)
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Salad and fish good idea - but not Salmon. How about Tuna - 1/2 can about 60 calories. Load up on various vegetables and you should be ok.
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    Soup?

most varieties are low calorie (obv not the creamed ones) and very filling

I don't need to eat bread with my soup, I just have it on its own and eat a full can, most varieties I buy are 150 cals or less per 400g can

But you could probably fit in a half can of soup and a small slice of bread into your calories too.
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    The exercising is a good point! The other thing for me is that usually if I have a huge and yet HEALTHY meal like that, then I figure my body is probably good for the day. Then I can just fill up on something light but volumous (is that a word?) -- so like, a big salad with just veggies and a touch of oil, or a half a canteloup or something. Not a strategy I would employ everyday but definitely useful in a pinch. :smile:
  • goinghiking
    goinghiking Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all -- very helpful suggestions. I appreciate tips from others on this path toward improving fitness!