Initial results of upping calories?

Options
Hi,

Recently I've upped my calorie intake after understanding more of my TDEE and my BMR, etc. I realized that for a very long time, I've been eating far too low, then would totally blow it. Needless to say, it wasn't working.

I'm only about a week into eating more, but I feel bloated all the time, I've gained a few pounds (assuming it's just water?), and feel pretty discouraged. I know I need to give it more time for my body to adjust and my metabolism to get on board, but I was hoping someone could shed some light on how the initial retraining phase of my metabolism should look? Is it normal to gain, and feel bloated? I do recognize more energy which is fabulous, but not loving the stomach sticking out.

Thanks!

Replies

• LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Recently I've upped my calorie intake after understanding more of my TDEE and my BMR, etc. I realized that for a very long time, I've been eating far too low, then would totally blow it. Needless to say, it wasn't working.

I'm only about a week into eating more, but I feel bloated all the time, I've gained a few pounds (assuming it's just water?), and feel pretty discouraged. I know I need to give it more time for my body to adjust and my metabolism to get on board, but I was hoping someone could shed some light on how the initial retraining phase of my metabolism should look? Is it normal to gain, and feel bloated? I do recognize more energy which is fabulous, but not loving the stomach sticking out.

Thanks!

I can't help you answer those questions, but I've been wondering this EXACT same thing. I just started about a week ago and I'm bloated and gained a couple pounds of water. Based on the information I've gathered though, this is normal. I read that most people don't stick it out during this rough phase because it freaks them out, but if you stick it out, the weight should take quite a drop. For some people it took 2 weeks, and for others it took 4. The only advice I have for you (and myself) is to trust the process, and at least stick it out for 4-6 weeks. The body needs time to adjust. It's just uncomfortable temporarily.