My confession...

Options
I am an aspiring print model, and I had a budding career in the San Francisco bay area before some family matters took me to Texas for a good eight months now. I was supposed to be getting my butt in shape while I was here so that when I came back, I could jump right in. Well, all the stress of the family goings-on and finding regular work really helped give me excuses to say screw it. I've only gained five pounds (which is a miracle in Texas!) but I have gained nothing in fitness, motivation, or self satisfaction.

I just wanted to get it all off my chest, and hope to start anew with my gym membership, (hopefully) new job with more flexible hours, and a supportive boyfriend who wants to walk this path with me.

So here we go again, I'm getting back on!

Replies

• Sharkington
    Options
    Good for you! You're right, five pounds is no big deal and it's never too late to begin your fitness journey. Good luck with your modeling career.

Oh, and Bay Area represent!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I used to live in the Bay Area, too. I still miss it four years later and hope that life will lead me back that way again someday.
    Anyway, yeah, good for you getting back on track before things got too out of whack.
  • DraftedByTheMan
    Options
    I first visited Texas when I was in my early 20's. I ordered a burrito and I was shocked at the size. It was about 4X the size we get in Canada....and totally covered in cheese.
    Later I was in a restaurant. It had a buffet style set-up but I could order a steak and then choose the rest from a salad bar. The baked potato was enormous. I still have never seen a baked potato that big in a grocery store. When I was a the counter, I asked for a large milk. The server asked me "are you sure you want a large?" So I asked to see the container....it was about a quarter gallon. I don't know if they still serve those kind of sizes in Texas but I'm pretty sure that's standard.
    No wonder they say everything big comes from Texas......good luck!
  • tritepoet
    tritepoet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! Feel free to add me also! I like new friends!