300 days on MFP, 61 lbs gone. My story so far :)

Options
Syderelli
Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
After 300 days on MFP, I thought that I would share a couple of progress photos. I still have about 30 "ish" lbs to lose, we will see how this goes.

So, how incredibly fitting for my 300th day. I realized that tonight I wore the same sweater/hoodie/jacket thingy as I was wearing in this photo at 267+ lbs (photo taken November 2011):

xkoehy.png

Now, 61 lbs later, the same sweater/hoodie/jacket thingy (fitting properly - I had no business wearing it at my before weight!):

153y1x5.jpg
14nhjyv.jpg

It has been 300 days since I started actively using MFP. I have met some of the most amazing and inspirational people on this site, and have made some friends that I hope will be lifelong. Thanks to all my amazing buds that have been there cheering me on through all my big and small victories and encouraging me and getting me through the rough patches!! You all rock my socks :)

SW: 267
CW:205
UGW: 165-175
Height: 5'9"

I started out in a miserable marriage, unhappy with myself, and basically zero confidence. MFP was recommended by my best friend. She had used the site and managed to lose about 35 lbs. After giving it a halfhearted shot, I was down maybe 10 lbs. After a huuuuge fallout in Vegas with my now ex-husband (long story), I decided it was time to start making some major changes in my life, starting with my weight and health. I had gone to a doctor and they said, besides the weight, I was overall very healthy. Instead of just keeping on doing what I was doing, I decided to KEEP my health by losing weight. Ok, I guess the main motivator was the fact that my "fat jeans" were too small! So I started by cutting my calories. I would go on short little 15 minute walks and bike rides around my neighborhood. Started out small, knowing that I could eventually snowball the changes and the little changes would add up to huge changes. I now do cardio most days of the week along with some yoga, calisthenics, and weight training. I am looking forward to starting NROLFW and am hoping to reach my goal weight by August :) If you have any questions or would like to add me, go ahead!! :)

Replies

• beansproutmommy
    Options
    Fantastic! THANK YOU for sharing your story!!
  • Cherie7575
    Options
    You look great - thanks for posting!
  • Sportsgott
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Keep up the hard work,and 300 is quite a streak! Be proud of yourself :)
  • SheenSZF
    Options
    Looking good! Your hard work is really paying off!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your dedication and hard work. You're looking fantastic!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    you were pretty as a bigger girl, you're smoking hot now. good on you!
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I love your hair!! In both pics!!
  • smartin0181
    smartin0181 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You have come so far! and looking great I might add! I can't wait to comment on your year of MFP!
  • Jason67o48
    Options
    You rock and this is pretty awesome. :) Thanks for the inspiration ^_^
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    awesome job so far, CONGRATS!!!! Good luck with NROLFW - I just started stage 2 and LOVE it!!! You will have great results! :flowerforyou:
  • ann0416
    ann0416 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thats incredible :):):) So happy for you :):flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy:

Congrats :D
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You look great- well done!
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful. Congratulations on your achievement so far!
  • JenniferRecklein
    Options
    Congratulations! Definately an inspiration!! :)
  • skngn
    skngn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    U are amazing ! wishing you success in your journey !
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! you have done brilliantly-very inspiring thankyou xx
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    What an AMAZING transformation...you are looking hot!! You have a really pretty face now the body to match is coming though! Well done!!!
  • tinassofit
    Options
    I love your red hair... But moreover, thanks for being an inspiration. Congratulations on your new look... Hope you're buying yourself all those fantastic clothes you've wanted to wear all this time.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look great, and definitely don't look like you weigh 205. You look like you weigh much less. I'm tall too (5"10) and can't wait to get to 205.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! :):)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!