Little NSV for me

Options
So in the past three years I have been on and off with weight loss and gain. But in 2009 I was serious and got to my lowest weight of 161.9lbs. It wasn't at all healthy and I was running everyday and eating 1200cals.
I am a lot more educated thanks to the website and research.
In the middle of last year I was 202lbs and I'm now down to 187.
My mini victory is that when I used to run I would last 5 minutes and the walk a bit then try another maybe 3 minute run and then walk, by the end of the 30 minutes I would say it was about 15 mins each of walking and jogging.
So this year I started insanity. I'm on day 23. I was finding the cardio recovery a little boring so decided to go for a run. My first one in probably a month or two.
I left the front door and started jogging, heart rate got to 155-160 and the stayed there, I continued jogging and got to the place where I would usually walk and found I was feeling great so I carried on, I did this for 15 minutes then I walked for 1 minute as it was uphill, then I jogged again all the way home which lasted another 10 minutes.
I never considered myself a jogger as I used to be so bad at it, but yesterday has left me with such a brilliant feeling. A sort of new sense of freedom. So whilst I think I have Insanity to thank, it may be that I'm eating more and have stopped smoking. Either way I'm very pleased.
So I've assigned my self the challenge of completing a 5k with all of it being running, and if anything I hope this can be a little inspiration for inexperienced runners, like me.
Happy days people
Ben
:-)

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    That is proof that you're getting healthy and strong...not just losing weight. That is a great victory! Congrats..it looks like you're on your way to figuring this out for good. very exciting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!