How strict are you in what you log?

jennanostyle
jennanostyle Posts: 18
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi there,

I was just wondering how detailed people are in the food they log. For example I've started logging gum as over a day it really seems to add up for me. Is this a sign that I've become slightly mad and obsessed or a good habit to get into?

And again with exercise, does everyone just log long bouts of exercise or do those minutes add up?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I log everything I can possibly think of! :) I have a pedometer on my phone so I log those calories for walking, every strength training move at the gym and all the calories I burn on the machines, as well as other exercises (i.e.: crunches). About the only thing I usually don't log is olive oil just because I heat it up and I'm sure it loses some of its caloric value (at least I'm hoping! lol).

I think it's a very good habit you've gotten into! Whatever you need to do to keep yourself accountable, do it!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    I log alot of things, bites here and there particularly when it's high-cal sweets, and all meals, lunches, "real food", veggie snacks, dressings and dips, etc, the list goes on. I log every minute of exercise or activity that is more than just around the house kind of stuff, for example when I take a super-long shopping trip that involves me walking alot(2+ hours) and pushing a heavy cart I log that kind of thing, same for long walks around town or cleaning the house, I try to get it pretty accurate, give or take 5 minutes.
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    :flowerforyou: I log everything to! That's the best way to see how everything adds up! I log it the day before... that way I can add foods or cut back if needed! It helps me stay on track
  • miswen
    miswen Posts: 113 Member
    I log everything. It just keeps me aware of everything that goes in my mouth. I don't chew gum or drink pop but if I have a hershey kiss i am sure to put that down. I also log all exercise. Sometimes if I am waiting for my son to finish getting ready for school I might have 5 minutes to run in place.
    I think I may be a little addicted to this site- but what could be healthier for me right now? :flowerforyou:

593257.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
This discussion has been closed.