How many calories do you aim to burn a week ?

Options
Ok , so i've just learned it takes 3,500 to 1 pound of fat . I am just taking notice of how many calories i burn a week and was wondering how many calories do you all burn a week? How can i find out this info for previous weeks ?

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Ok , so i've just learned it takes 3,500 to 1 pound of fat .

Oh dear. I'm not sure I burn that much a week.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I aim for 3000 a week by exercise, its sometimes less or more and taking control of diet helps :):happy:
  • Gunsentry
    Gunsentry Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am about 2500 per week due to cardio and lifting.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    i burn 4500 if i can! but i do weight training too which in turn will buirn calories when ive gained muscle
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I don't really have an aim to burn so many calories, I just work out 6 days a week and work as hard as I can at whatever workout I'm doing. However on average I burn around 3000 calories a week, I also use a HRM.

If you go to Reports and then click Fitness, you can look back at you calorie burn for up to 3 months.
  • tonybullen58
    Options
    I aim for 2000 per week but control my intake of food to make up the remainder of what I need to lose. If you go into reports you can find out what you did in previous weeks.
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I've just had a nose at my diary and most weeks im burning above 2,000 a week , accept this week which was around 1,500 . Good job i looked in to this really . My aim now is concentrate what i'm burning a week , not just daily . Going to increase my sessions to an hour now .
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I've just had a nose at my diary and most weeks im burning above 2,000 a week

Step by Step, how did you find this out? Do you calculate it or has it been calculated already?
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I burn about 10,000 a week but that's because I love to eat :) I eat almost all of that back.

Step by step:

1. Log into MFP website
    2. Click the Reports tab at the top of the page
    3. Click the Fitness radio button
    4. Choose a Report -> Calories Burned
    5. Reporting Period -> Last 30 days
  • toffee2013
    Options
    Go to exercises and it's below your daily results . Or go to reports and then click fitness .
  • misseenk
    misseenk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i just got started working out again like 2 weeks ago but. last week i burned, 5,449 calories, that was in 6 days since i started logging on a tuesday, this week thus far i dunno yet lol
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My weekly target is 3,500 - what a coincidence! :wink:

First four weeks of this month have been much higher (6000, 5300, 4500 & 4600) as I'm training for an endurance event.
  • toffee2013
    Options
    wow i wish i had the time to burn this many calories : ) xx
  • missakhtar
    Options
    700 only..........
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been 7,000+
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I aim for 3,500 also. And I usually manage to exceed it by 100 or so!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Looks like I've averaging about 3000. But I try to eat them back and stick to my planned weight loss of 1/2 pound per week.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I don't aim for calorie burn. I run 20-25 miles a week and generally burn 3000-3500 cal a week, but it's the milage I aim for.
  • toffee2013
    Options
    well i just burned 700 cals working out with tae bo and kettlebell ... thanks to this thread lol pushed me : ) x
  • kacowgill99
    kacowgill99 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    6000 per week (All Cardio)