Has anyone tried JNL fusion?

Options
I'm not a big JNL fan, but the videos look pretty great. High intensity, and with weights. Curious on what opinions are out there?

Replies

• jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wow... I'm surprised no one has tried it. I have posted this a few times and never have gotten a response. Well it is being delivered today, so here is to hoping it rocks! :drinker:
  • missyetling
    Options
    I just received my package as well and will be doing day 3. I am sore after doing the lower body last night - but a good sore. I did run 5 1/2 miles on top of that yesterday, but the soreness is from the videos. For me, this is the best video set that I have tried. I am taking it on the road with me and will see how it goes for the next couple of months.
  • jivitasa
    Options
    Cool! I did day 1 today, I agree, awesome video. This is the method of training I would use at the gym, so I am really comfortable with it. She is a little annoying, she reminds me of a wrestler the way she talks. (My kids watch wrestling, not me! hehe) Totally loving it though! Definitely glad I got it! :wink: :smile:
  • lynnette2003
    lynnette2003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am on the end of my 2nd week of JNL fusion. I LOVE the workout and I FEEL IT!!!!! I am very frustrated though. I have gained 7 lbs since I started the program! I don't know whats going on! the scale will NOT go down!!!
  • RomanaW
    RomanaW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I received it yesterday and did shoulder shredder. I have enjoyed it but I agree that she is a bit annoying :) I am missing a proper warm-up at the beginning and stretching at the end. Which days are you including abs videos? They seem to be missing from the calendar.
  • meredifish
    Options
    I received my JNL Fusion package yesterday! I'm very excited to start, I'm pre-viewing the workouts now. I agree JNL is slightly obnoxious... I wish every sentence fragment didn't elicit a finger point to the camera or pose-y bicep flex.... but I digress.

Any of you ladies using the meal plan? And if so, is anyone else utterly flummoxed? Zig-zag calories? Base meals, 400 or 500 cal meals? What the?! For me, calorie counting is complicated enough when there was only ONE daily caloric goal! I would really appreciate some clarification/simplification... I'm going to stick to the meal plan, and follow the example meals to a "T" to start with, but MAN this is confusing!
  • RomanaW
    Options
    Any of you ladies using the meal plan? And if so, is anyone else utterly flummoxed? Zig-zag calories? Base meals, 400 or 500 cal meals? What the?! For me, calorie counting is complicated enough when there was only ONE daily caloric goal! I would really appreciate some clarification/simplification... I'm going to stick to the meal plan, and follow the example meals to a "T" to start with, but MAN this is confusing!

I am trying to stick to 1200 kcal but often get slightly over to 1400 kcal or so which is more or less her zigzag. If I am within 1500 and exercise, I know that I am going to keep losing weight. I am trying to reduce carbs but her two week extreme is a bit too much, especially when she is reducing water in last few days.
  • jivitasa
    Options
    I received it yesterday and did shoulder shredder. I have enjoyed it but I agree that she is a bit annoying :) I am missing a proper warm-up at the beginning and stretching at the end. Which days are you including abs videos? They seem to be missing from the calendar.

I have been doing them for 2 weeks now. Love the workouts, but yes she is so annoying! and the pulling people up to demo these simple moves is wasted time, and also irks me. I have started using my ipod when I do it, so I don't have to listen, and going right into the next move instead of waiting for her to pull a member up. I do the ab video every other day. It's only 4 minutes, so I just throw it in Mon, Wed and Sat.
  • ElenaTS
    ElenaTS Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I started December 31st. it took until about 4 weeks in, when all of the sudden, results everywhere! i was getting frustrated because a lot of other people were seeing results in a week.
    I do 2 of her workouts a day-i mix and upper and a lower body. On Cardio/ab days, i mix TKO fat blast, with Crazy Cardio circuit.

A few things...I was annoyed with her "KISS MY ABBBBS" and all that junk after the first week and couldn't see myself sticking it out with her for the long haul...until someone told me, at the startup menu, go into set up or start up (the option driection above the "play" option) and change it to Music Louder and it drowns her out significantly! Since they show the moves on the bottom of the screen, you still know what you are doing.

I didn't get her advanced package with the jump ropes. I have .75lb/per hand and 2lb/per hand weighed gloves that i pick up for all standing cardio. Not just the jump rope. I use them for jacks, scissors, whatever, just to add an extra kick. And When she is yammering on and bringing people up, i either start on the next cardio segment, or start jump roping.
    I am seeing HUGE changes in my stomach. I can't believe it. I have never been thin and tones and thought my stomach ever tightening up, was totally out of the question. But i am on my 7th week as of today and every week, I am seeing changes. I will probably do this for 90 days, then I am thinking of getting JMBR to work in with this.
    I follow a WW based diet-just because I need to keep myself on a short leash and their unlimited fruits and veggies, really keep me focused on grabbing an apple because it's "free" when i am hungry, than grabbing something else.
  • RayaQb
    RayaQb Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :) I received JNL Fusion on 2/18/13 and started on 2/19/13. So far I'm SOOOOO soar, I can hardly walk. So far I like it and I use the ramp up method for my diet. I do the DVD on the calendar at 5 am and when I get home from work I do the 8min AB DVD. That one I will do every other day and today would be my 2nd day after work. I agree with everyone, she does get on my nerves, but hey she is trying to keep us amped. I'm hoping I have great success with this program, I'll be sure to update my progress. It's nice to know that you don't really notice changes until about a month, otherwise I would be going crazy lol lol. :-)
  • lynnette2003
    lynnette2003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Has anyone noticed weight gain?!?!?! I am on my 4th week. yes I feel stronger and my muscles are much harder but since I have started, I have gained 9 lbs! I have cut my calories! I don't even have a glass of wine every nght anynmore! I am working my butt off and am just still so frusterated. i have lost a minimal amout of inches. prob 1 off my waist and 0.5 off each thigh. will I ever see the scale go down?
  • jivitasa
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. Keep going! Drink a lot of water and get a foam roller, and be sure to stretch. This is a lot of work on the muscles, and depending on what you were doing before your body is likely adjusting to the new demands. You are probably retaining water.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about purchasing this program. How much weight lifting is involved? Are you doing different body parts every day or is it every other day? I can't tell from the commercial.
  • RayaQb
    RayaQb Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Has anyone noticed weight gain?!?!?! I am on my 4th week. yes I feel stronger and my muscles are much harder but since I have started, I have gained 9 lbs! I have cut my calories! I don't even have a glass of wine every nght anynmore! I am working my butt off and am just still so frusterated. i have lost a minimal amout of inches. prob 1 off my waist and 0.5 off each thigh. will I ever see the scale go down?

Are you sure you did not gain muscle mass? Have you taken new measurements? I'm sure thats what it is.
  • RomanaW
    Options
    I am thinking about purchasing this program. How much weight lifting is involved? Are you doing different body parts every day or is it every other day? I can't tell from the commercial.

Tha programme is using light weights and you can make it easier or harder based on your level. There is a different body part trained each day and she does 30s strength and 30 s cardio. My hubby tried it the other day and he considers it more intensive than Body Revolution with Jillian Michaels which he is now in week 12. I really love this workout.
  • Cet1010
    Cet1010 Posts: 1
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. Don't stress about the scale.
  • britnitennis
    Options
    Romana W, Zig zagging calories is very essential to trying to loose weight!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    So glad to see of JNL Fusion people out there. I have been doing the program for a couple weeks and I love them. It is the first workout program that I have purchased (and I have a full library) that I actually look forward to doing. At first her personality and quirckie little sayings motivated me but now I am getting annoyed. I tried the louder music option to drown her voice out some but it didn't work!! I haven't seen any results or haven't lost any weight but I do feel my stamina improving and hope like one of the others that commented....I will see great results after 30 days!!
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    "30 seconds, 30 seconds."
  • Vipergirl
    Vipergirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am doing fusion now, it is wonderful. I am a fitness instructor that hit a Plato even though I teach class 5 times per week. Once I started doing fusion the weighted started coming off. I do it daily first thing in the morning it gives me enjoy and empowers me I love this program. I hope by next year I can become a certified JNL Trainer.