Lost weight after binge eating

Options
I don't get it. I have been stuck at 157 for WEEKS! I binge ate yesterday and did NOT excersize and woke up and lost 2lbs! I had to step on the scale a few times to make sure it was right! Lol.. does that mean I'm not eating enough? I do breastfeed my 7 month old. I usually excersize about 20-30 minutes a day. I do circut training and HIIT training while I'm at the gym. Should I be eating more to lose weight?? Hellpppp!!!

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    A lot of this is trial and error. A lot of people live by the school of thought that you need to 'shake things up' sometimes. So either consume more or less to 'trick' your body. Do you eat additional calories for breastfeeding? Do you eat back your exercise calories?

Those 2lbs could also be water weight. I'd give yourself a few more days and weigh again.
  • ejay90
    ejay90 Posts: 42
    Options
    When you calorie intake is lowered to a certain point for an elongated time, you tend to plateau due to you metabolism slowing down, by binging you may have given it a bit of a kick
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I was told that was the best way to break a plateau .. That's is y every so often, when i quit losing weight, i go to the Chinese place, gorge on it, and start the exercising again 24 hours later then the weight falls off and I'm back to losing! !
  • reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    totally normal, in fact i give myself one 'binge' day a week it helps me lose weight
  • akshil
    akshil Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, this happens to me too. I realized I was eating way less specially when I excercised on that Day. Eat back at least 90% of the calories you burnt that day and you will loose. Its a process of trial and error to determine the exact sweet calorie number to give you results, but it has helped me blast through plateaus. SO Binge but in moderation :smile:
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Your body fluctuates naturally, so it might have been from "refueling" or it was just a coincidence. I pigged out last Friday and lost two pounds the next morning. But then I ate pizza and stuff on Monday and gained three pounds the next morning. It's pretty hard to say for sure that it was the binge.

Some people calorie cycle so their body doesn't hit a plateau. I've noticed I lose weight easier if I have a couple lower-calorie days and a couple higher-calorie days during the week. It all averages out at my goal, but it looks something like 2200, 1800, 1400, 2200, 1800, etc.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do a cheat day once a week to, and I always drop my weight for the week the next day. The scale will be stuck all week long, and then the morning after my cheat day, bam- 2 pounds gone. And it stays off. I've lost two pounds a week since I started, every week, exactly two, and they never drop off until after my cheat day.
  • RunningMom42
    RunningMom42 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That has happened to me too. I went nuts for a day and a half for my birthday a few weeks ago. I ended up losing almost 2 pounds and breaking a 10 day holding streak.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    lol yes there is some one else!

i only lose wight 2 times a month :noway: just after ovulation and just after period has finished both times i can be good all month and as those two times of the month hit i get the whole craving/hungry thing going on and normally end up binging for about 2 days on each then i get back to being good again and i have lost weight everytime! SO WHO KNOWS! :wink:
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    Bump
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    The loss could of come from the increase in calories shocking your body... it could of also come from dehydration depending on what you ate/drank.

I lose a few lbs after drinking the night before if I don't consume enough water... it is from dehydration.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Did you actually binge eat, or did you just overeat? There's a pretty huge difference there.

There is a decent chance that you are sticking too closely to a goal that is too low for you though. Changing it up can be a good thing.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I just had that happen to me too. I didn't really binge but I ate out for lunch and supper, Cheeseburgers at both Wendy's and Culver's, ate 400 more calories then I normally do and I dropped 1.8 over night. It makes no sense at all.

OP, Congrats on your loss!
  • ashleybaby12706
    ashleybaby12706 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was told that was the best way to break a plateau .. That's is y every so often, when i quit losing weight, i go to the Chinese place, gorge on it, and start the exercising again 24 hours later then the weight falls off and I'm back to losing! !

That sounds awesome =)
  • I agree with everyone. I do notice when I am having a "bad" day I loose weight. I think thats the trick. You have to fool your body. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • kellie1055
    kellie1055 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thats so weird. I did the same thing at the Mexican resturant a few weeks ago and just knew when I hopped on the scale I was going to be up just from the sodium but nope i dropped two pounds!!!!
  • ashleybaby12706
    Options
    Did you actually binge eat, or did you just overeat? There's a pretty huge difference there.

There is a decent chance that you are sticking too closely to a goal that is too low for you though. Changing it up can be a good thing.

That's where I confuse myself. My friend said it didn't look like I ate much but I was so full I thought I was gunna burst! I couldn't stop myself. Aunt flow came this morning so maybe that was why =/
  • ashleybaby12706
    Options
    Thanks for the good info y'all! Makes me feel a little better and it makes sence :)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat day once a week.. yes, a CHEAT day.. i dont care what other people call it.. i call it cheating because i drink beer, eat total CRAP and do horrible things to my body.. LOL. I cheat death most saturdays with what crap i put into my body.. hahaha ;)

Anyway.. it helps keep me losing, and im a firm believer in that. It keeps my metabolism in a "what the hell is going on" state and keeps it going.. My thoughts anyway!