HELP!!!

Options
Hey All,
I've joined this a couple of months now and was doing really well until I went on holidays. 2 weeks on and I think I'm still in holiday mode as eating and drinking every night. Just did my first diary today and over but nearly 400clrs. If anyone has any suggestions that can help me get back on track... it would be greatly appreciated!!
Nic
Ireland

Replies

• stevies_mom
    stevies_mom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been there before myself. You can't harp on what you've BEEN doing, you just have to start anew. What I do is start my day by filling a big bottle of water. I sip on it all day long - it fills me up (and keeps me busy running to the bathroom so there's no time for snacking). It also reminds me of my new commitment to getting back into the swing of things. I don't know if it will help anyone else, but it works for me.
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Options
    I agree with stevies_mom. Don't focus on how you went over, focus on making these new days better. I know i've had that problem. One day I went over 600 calories and I was so upset (mexican restaurant MUST AVOID!) but I calmed down. Instead of beating up on myself about being in love with chips and guacamole I just decided to do better the next day. I take it day by day. I find this to work the best, for me. I also do drink a full water bottle when I think of snacking, just to see if i'm really all that hungry or not. Some times it will work and other times it won't. Just hang in there :)
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I think you took an important first step and logging your food again. Actually seeing what you eat will help alot! I would also focus on healthy snacks and veggies!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i would make a menu for your first week back on track. find some yummy new recipes to incorporate and make an ideal week of eating plan. then go grocery shopping and get your fresh, new ingredients. you will be so excited to eat and prepare your new purchases that you won't want to steer away. pick out things that you will be excited to eat, but are also super-healthy!
  • nicola80
    nicola80 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks guys, I will take it all on board and also the water sounds like a plan. Don't really know if it is hunger or just boredom and going to the fridge for something! I will keep you posted on how I go. Like you have all said, start afresh and don't dwell on the previous couple of weeks :)