What sucks about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• TomKat428
    Options
    Having to be patient. I am not a patient person by nature, so this process is teaching me a lot. Just taking it a day at a time.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    The constant aches from muscle soreness as I work muscles that haven't been worked in years.
  • BorgieMN
    BorgieMN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    extra skin, i get cold easy now, going broke buying new clothes and doing fun and bucket list things now.

Wouldn't change it for any amount of money in the world now!!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Not being productive because I'm staring at myself in the mirror all day.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It takes days to lose 1 pound and minutes to gain 2.

^^ This!!

And the expense of buying new clothes all the time. And the mystery of it. Eat this lose weight, eat that gain weight. Your not supposed to eat this, but I lose weight if I do, etc.
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like my smaller boobs...

Loved this.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    having to buy a whole new range of clothes because they go baggy i hate it
  • addiepray80
    addiepray80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I miss my boobs... so does my hubby. But he likes my new butt, so it's a fair trade. :wink:

Plus, although I like shopping for new smaller sizes; I didn't realize how many sizes I was going to go through and how expensive it would be!

Finally, although I've stopped losing weight; people keep telling me I'm losing more and "getting too skinny." I'm a size 4/6, not a 0; and I have a healthy BMI... enough already people! Can't I just be fit and healthy and enjoy it?!
  • TomKat428
    Options
    My hair isn't as shiny, and my skin is drier now that I'm eating less fat. I take fish oil supplements, but it's not helping.

Why don't you add more fat back to your diet? Not trying to be snarky, I'm just curious. Eating fat does not equal getting fat. You can lower your calories in other ways (fewer carbs, for example) and replace them with nuts, avocados, etc.

FWIW, my skin and hair have never looked better. I eat quite a bit of fat, and I'm in a healthy weight range.
  • sc1234
    sc1234 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bony knees at bedtime that make it hard to get comfortable. Bony butt to sit on hard surfaces. No boobs. Tummy and leg skin. Being cold. Having to buy new clothes every couple of months. But....I'll take all of that for my healthy body and being able to buy those clothes in a size 0/2 instead of a 12/14. :-)

Totally agree - not complaining but love to sleep on my side but knees feel like bone on bone now - not comfy so have to sleep with a pillow between my knees

The bony butt too - the hard plastic benches on the subway are the worst and now I sit on pillows on my desk chair at home

It's all good tho
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Having to buy a new wordrobe....SYKE nothing sucks about loosing weight
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    smaller boobs :(

And my cellulite seems to be getting worse... I'm about to cry :noway:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have to run 5 miles to burn the calories that I used to burn in 5k!

What else?

How about putting some weight in a backpack and running with it on your back?
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    when you go places and people bring in lots of sugary treats and you have to feel guilty or having to spend the extra money to purchase healthy foods and stuff to drink that costs more than the cheaper higher fat and sodium foods cost.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Having to buy new clothes because I keep shrinking out of what I've got! :tongue: Wondering if the shorts I bought last summer are going to fit me this year, or if they'll be too big now.

But I ain't complainin'! :drinker:

This is mine as well!
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Loose skin. and tennis ball in a tube sock boobs. :(

Also, my *kitten* hurts if I sit too long, even on my bed. What's THAT about? :noway:

you have less cushioning lol
  • erickita89
    Options
    It takes days to lose 1 pound and minutes to gain 2.

This!

yes id have to agree with this even though i haven't lost that much yet
  • erickita89
    Options
    My biggest complaint so far is that i spend too much time at the gym. i feel like i don't have time for myself. (but My bf say that is my me time lol)

i get home late now and then i have to cook something healthy afterwords and i just wanna drop dead and not even eat or cook sometimes.
  • schlagers
    Options
    -none of my old scrubs fit which means spending more money without having a choice
    -freezing all the time
    -can't drink as much beer :(

Ditto.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have to run 5 miles to burn the calories that I used to burn in 5k!

What else?

How about putting some weight in a backpack and running with it on your back?
    Well, I'd have to put it in a FRONTpack to be what it used to be, but it might just work. :)

I also can't wear my wedding ring anymore until I get it resized. I lost it playing football a few months back and had to go buy a metal detector to find it! I'm wearing it on a necklace until I get around to getting it resized right.