OK question for felllow women

Options
Ok so I have been at this for about a 3 weeks now and have lost 4 lbs (3 since MFP). Judging by the tightness of my pants I would say it's pretty accurate that I have lost. Not to mention I probably ate over 2000 calories a day and now I am down to 1450 although I allow a cheat day. So here is my problem this morning when I weighed I was up 3 lbs. I know that being on my period is effecting it but this is my second period this month (lucky me I know) and I lost on the first period. I also switched to ortho tri cyclen lo 2 days ago. So do I log my weight today? It kinda feels like cheating to only log what I lost and not log that I gained it but I hate thinking I am back at square one again. Yes I know I'm not suppose to weigh this often but I'm addicted and refuse to stop

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I tend to give fluctuations up a couple days before I log them. I have a liar ticker today. I weighed in 1 pound less yesterday but ate a WHOLE lot of sodium so I was 1 pound up today. I think it's just water retention so I'm not claiming it yet. I do the same when TOM comes around. :wink: If it sticks for more than a couple days I personally go ahead and claim it.
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    Hey I am addicted too.. Every morning without fail, I pee then weigh.. lol. I gain 5 lbs every time I start my period.. but birth control can make you gain or lose.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Birth control can definitely make you gain weight. Those with high doses of estrogen cause weight gain... :\
  • adegonia
    adegonia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ok then I will wait a few days and then log it. Hopefully Aunt flow will go home and my body can be normal again. Thanks for answering me so quick. It's really easy to get discourged when the scale goes back to your starting point...it's like so I have been good for nothing.
  • adegonia
    Options
    Yeah but I was on LoEstrin before this so I wouldn't think 2 days of a new pill would equal 3 lbs....if so I need to switch again asap!
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Options
    I know I avoid the scale during my TOM because I am so much hungrier!
    (Though I do always add in some extra cardio to help.)
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same birth control! I just had a period last week and gained 4 pounds... I logged it but it came off in no time. Maybe it is because of the change in meds, I'm not sure. I also weigh daily, I know we're not "supposed to" but I can't help it either! I just remind myself when I do weigh that it doesn't really count because weight is going to fluctuate a couple of pounds. Drink lots of water and see what happens tomorrow! Good luck! You're doing really well!
  • adegonia
    Options
    well this morning I was 2 pounds lighter. I wasn't feeling to well yesterday so I didn't eat much but I feel better today. I can live with a pound of water weight.