Yummy smoothie, low calorie!

Options
beckers_99
beckers_99 Posts: 41 Member
I just tried the Jamba strawberry banana smoothie and I have to say with lower cal. apple juice it was awesome and I believe it may be 2 fruit servings for the day, woohoo! I have a hard time getting my fruit/veggies in so this is great! Been on this weighloss journey my whole life, well at least the last 12 yrs I've been aware of it and battled it, now I'm not fighting, learning and moving forward...

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    don't want to rain on your parade but watch the sugar content in those. other than that, i'm glad that you found a low-cal food that you love and that gives you some of your daily nutrient requirements!
  • beckers_99
    Options
    I probably won't plan on that being an every day type of thing, but when you need that extra something and instead of grabbing toast or something different, its a good alternative. I had lost 14 pds. the last time I did MFP for my sister's wedding, was her maid of honor but then just junked it the rest of the summer and now I'm back again.
  • SuccessHappiness
    Options
    I acutally got a Ninja for Christmas and it makes the best smoothies! I just need to find some tasty recipies. Anyone want to share that would be cool! So far I have found that as long as it contains banana, strawberry/blueberry yogurt and skim milk, it tastes great. I also got some frozen dole blends at Sams Club and it actually replaces the ice. But I am definitely looking for ideas. :)
  • beckers_99
    Options
    The one that I tried had strawberries and banana (frozen) and 1 cup of apple juice, which I got the light apple juice that's 50 cal. I put it in the ninja blender and it came out really good.
  • LynNann57
    LynNann57 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja blender too! Here are my smoothie recipes( I have one for breakfast every day!) :

1 frozen banana, 8 frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup plain chobani greek low fat yogurt, 4 ice cubes, 6 ounces of green tea (previously steeped and cooled )

1 frozen banana, 1 and 1/2 cups frozen mangos ( I use Dole), 1/2 cup plain chobani greek low fat yogurt, 4 ounces sunny delight

1 frozen banana, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1/2 cup plain chobani low fat yogurt, 4 ounces green tea( previously steeped and cooled)

(I have frozen blueberries to try yet, and a can of no sugar added pineapple too).
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja blender too! Here are my smoothie recipes( I have one for breakfast every day!) :

1 frozen banana, 8 frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup plain chobani greek low fat yogurt, 4 ice cubes, 6 ounces of green tea (previously steeped and cooled )

1 frozen banana, 1 and 1/2 cups frozen mangos ( I use Dole), 1/2 cup plain chobani greek low fat yogurt, 4 ounces sunny delight

1 frozen banana, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1/2 cup plain chobani low fat yogurt, 4 ounces green tea( previously steeped and cooled)

(I have frozen blueberries to try yet, and a can of no sugar added pineapple too).

Those sound good! I made a strawberry banana earlier today actually. Does the banana have to be frozen?
  • SuccessHappiness
    Options
    Okay great, I will have to try them out! I would never think to put green tea in a smoothie--interesting idea. Here's what I usually do: 1 cup of frozen dole blend, 1 banana, 1 light and fit strawberry yogurt, 1/2 cup of skim milk. It's pretty good and makes a large glass. Can't wait to try out these suggestions. :)