Other people's opinions

Options
ReaGaladriel
ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
Do you find important other people's opinions? Like for example your girlfriends don't like colored jeans but you think they are cute. Will you but them and wear them or not?

Replies

• MyPsalm63
    Options
    I would still wear them. If I feel comfortable, cute and don't look hoochie.....I would still wear it.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness,

tumblr_mewd8w5kNC1r2evylo1_500.png
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Other people's opinions do matter to me, to a point. There are certain things that I stand firm on and others that I don't care. I'll always listen to what someone has to say. On my better days I consider their opinion. On my worse days I might blow someone off and regret it later. I have a tight knit group, really just my boyfriend's and my best friend's opinions that truly matter so I do my best to listen to them. But at the end of the day, sometimes I do what I want to do because I want to do it and I'm only human after all.
  • ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This is all great to hear. :)
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    of course others' opinions matter to me. mainly, my wife and child. but also, i do care what co-workers and my boss think of me. and my parents...

so there are some people out there that i care very much what they think about me. but there is a larger group that i could not care less what they think about me.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Depends on how close they are to me. If we're talking close family or BFFs then yeah, I'm going to take their opinion into consideration. Matter of fact if it's about something important I'm going to be relying on those opinions to MAKE my decision.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I listen and incorporate what makes sense to me, but I am an individual and I want to stay one. At the end of the day I need to still be me.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I take other peoples opinions into consideration. Some peoples (such as my best friends) I find much more important and worth analyzing over a random stranger.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Question is so broad. Are we talking fashion choices or major life decisions? In general, I do not feel the need to "poll" people around me for their opinions. However, if someone cares enough to speak up and share their opinion, I would be silly not to at least consider it. Exceptions are people I think are idiots, present it as if they know it all, or those who do not do things better than I do (as I see it)
    The bigger danger (and more common) is when people you respect stop sharing their thoughts with you because you take it personally. Don't you think?
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    your girlfriends don't like colored jeans

racist
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I purchase what I think looks good on me. Not what others think looks good on me.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The only two opinions that could sway my judgement are my wife's and my father's. Others don't matter to me.