Who has lost weight/got in shape using TDEE?

Options
124»

Replies

• jadermary
    jadermary Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will be doing this today. You're awesome :D

I highly recommend you just enter yourself as Sedentary for the TDEE calculations then subtract 500 from that number for your total daily goal and then eat back exercise calories.

This will give you a steady average of 1 pound a week loss while accounting for variables such as times you cannot make it to the gym and such. If you enter Active or Very Active because you go gymming 7 days a week, then you cant for 3 or 4 days or even worse more...your numbers will be wrong. I rather just do it case by case and log/eat my calories per exercise.

Food for thought, I've been doing it for 6 months and down 30 pounds with about 7 to go before I hit my 10% BF goal.

If I set myself as sedentary and took away 500 I'd be eating like 1200 calories a day. Way too low for me.... Also, you don't know an exact number on calories burned in order to eat them back.... this method seems off to me...

I don't recommend what this poster is saying to do.

Yeah this calculation doesn't work with my numbers either...I would only eat 1000 calories a day according to this lol. I suggest use the calculators..not some arbitrary number