When I exercise I don't lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• housegirl2
    housegirl2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Don't know what your goals are for loss, maybe if you are working out you are gaining muscle because it weighs more than same volume of fat. Your foods look great and for some might be on the low calorie side of things but I know I have to be around that 1200-1300 calorie range or really work out pretty intensely to burn a ot of calories to lose.I'm stuggling with that now after upping calories to 1400- clearly too high for me unless I burn 300-400 calories a day. So totally understand.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I had this same problem. I would work out 6-7 days a week and not see any weight loss. As opposed to not working out, and loosing weight. I think it makes things confusing. But, i recently had someone tell me that if i was eating back my exercise calories, i was probably eating back too much. I rely on a HRM for calories burned and i do eat back my exercise calories. Therefore, i believe that my HRM was telling me wrong. I know its only an estimate, but the amounts would be insanely high! So, i still use a hrm but only log about half of what my hrm tells me. Ive found that i have started loosing again. Im not sure if you use a hrm, but this was my case.
  • CLDKess
    Options
    Its just frustrating...
  • babybanks23
    babybanks23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Let yourself feel the frustration for five more minutes and then tell yourself you've just hit a bump in the road and are moving on. Whenever you do something that can burn calories, consciously tell yourself, this is exercise, so your body will treat it that way. Keep it up!
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    When I started lifting I didn't lose scale weight for a month despite eating at a deficit. Measured, turns out I had lost inches instead. I'd rather have my clothes fit better than see a number on a scale. And now the scale weight is dropping too. You have to give it time and not be too motivated by the scale. Easier said than done, I know.