i need help please

Options
hi there fellow mfper's, I need some advise from any walkers, joggers, or runners i am wanting to purchase new jogging shoes i just started walking slash jogging about a month ago and have been doing in a pair of beat up old nikes, i try and jog 3 to 4 times a week 2 to 3 miles each time, my budget is around 75 dollars give or take a little also i would say I'm more of a flat footed person than not any advise on this would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Go minimalist. I like Skecher GoRuns and you can get them on Zappo's for $65 right now.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Go out and find a pair you like at a local running store that will fit you for your flat feet. Go home buy them on eBay or amazon because they overprice everything at those stores. I prefer new balance or saucony running shoes.
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I agree with the tip from Samantha and would add to check out Asics as well - I've loved every pair of Asics I've purchased. Enjoy the running!
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    shoes are such an individual thing. I would suggest going to a place like the Running Room, and getting some advice from them about what would be the best shoe for your foot type. (you can take that advice and go elsewhere to purchase them, if you'd prefer, cuz they can be somewhat pricey.)
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Go minimalist. I like Skecher GoRuns and you can get them on Zappo's for $65 right now.

I am looking for generic workout shoes. Would these serve the purpose? I usually do spinning, Zumba ,calisthenics and weight training. The shoes I wear currently are generic and really hurt my instep arch. Any suggestions?
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

I am looking for generic workout shoes. Would these serve the purpose? I usually do spinning, Zumba ,calisthenics and weight training. The shoes I wear currently are generic and really hurt my instep arch. Any suggestions?

I wear mine for everything, even got a black pair to wear to the office.
    My foot pain has almost entirely disappeared since I switched to minimalist.
    (I should note that Skecher GoRuns are semi-minimalist.)
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options

I wear mine for everything, even got a black pair to wear to the office.
    My foot pain has almost entirely disappeared since I switched to minimalist.
    (I should note that Skecher GoRuns are semi-minimalist.)

Awesome. Every pair of Skechers I've owned is incredible. I am definitely going to try this one.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'll add my 2 cents on minimalist shoes. I have had so much less problems with feet, ankles, knees, hips and back since I went that route. And when able, I actually exercise barefoot.